U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:43 PM

7,185 posts, read 11,228,783 times

Advertisements

Funny how the guy that runs Bowman Gray was one of the three people on the appeals panel. This incident that looks kind of similar to Kenseth-Logano happened there (and is pretty much in line with what goes on at that track on a regular basis). You don't see anyone sitting out races there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWmm9hznFA

YouTube search Bowman Gray Stadium wrecks, feuds, etc and you'll see more.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 11:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,507,905 times
[quote=USNRET04;41806842]The penalty was smaller due to the embarrassment of her futile attempt to spin out David Gilliland.[/quote

Old 11-06-2015, 05:32 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,867,158 times
All I can say is Kenseth is lucky he didn't take out Jr. He might not have gotten out of Martinsville alive.

One hated driver is taken out by a slightly less hated driver is no big deal as far as fans are concerned.

But if you purposely take out Jr you probably need your own security force.

Last edited by PDD; 11-06-2015 at 05:42 AM..

Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 AM

32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
All I can say is Kenseth is lucky he didn't take out Jr. He might not have gotten out of Martinsville alive.

One hated driver is taken out by a slightly less hated driver is no big deal as far as fans are concerned.

But if you purposely take out Jr you probably need your own security force.
yep, probably a division of force recon marines, assuming they are not JR fans as well.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:26 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,958,966 times
Worse case scenario would be if Logano had taken Junior out to win the race as he did Kenseth and Junior was knocked out of the Chase......the Nation would have covered that track with debris.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:27 PM

2,749 posts, read 2,370,127 times
I still can't believe Kenseth is sitting out. A few weeks ago I thought he had a good chance to win it all, now this. NASCAR is getting harder to watch each year. Kenseth is what drew me into this sport around 2003.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:20 AM

109 posts, read 120,712 times
What I would love to see, for three reasons (1. for it to actually happen so Logano doesn't win that Championship, 2. to see Logano's reaction, 3. to see Nascar's reaction):
Fastforward to Homestead : Logano is qualified and racing for the Championship, running P1 in the last 2 laps of the race. A non-Chaser driver (say Kenseth, Hamlin or anyone else) is racing P2 coming closer on him and moves him out of the way to get the win.

What can Nascar say in this situation? Because in Kansas, they basically said that it's "quintessential racing" when a driver moves another driver out of the way for the win and it's okay for someone who has nothing to win/lose in terms of Championship to do that to a Chaser.
If Logano complains, Matt or anyone can say : "you moved me/him out of the way when I/he was fighting for the Championship and you weren't (Logano was already qualified). The exact same thing happened here. Where's the problem ?"

Unfortunately I doubt it will happen, they'll be too afraid to face suspension like Kenseth did. I bet that's why Nascar took that decision. To make him an example. They shouldn't be afraid. Apparently this is acceptable.

Another thing I find interesting: with that Logano/Kenseth incident, no one talks about Talladega anymore and what Harvick did. To me it's as a big a cheating as what the Walltrip team did with Bowyer, Truex & co in 2013. There were a lot of talks about this, a big fine, etc. And here? Nothing. The guy wrecked half the cars just to get qualified. Apparently, that's quintessential racing too...

Old 11-11-2015, 10:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,145 times
Gordon could do it! And 'Dega was harder, if not impossible, to prove. We all know Harvick did it on propose but good luck making him admit it. He knows he'd be suspended.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:33 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,576,946 times
Hopefully this has humbled Joey a bit. Off the track, Joey seems like a very nice kid. Has a great foundation that helps children and people in need.

This is a great opportunity for Joey to eat a bit of crow and maybe earn the respect of his fellow drivers.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:41 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,867,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Hopefully this has humbled Joey a bit. Off the track, Joey seems like a very nice kid. Has a great foundation that helps children and people in need.

This is a great opportunity for Joey to eat a bit of crow and maybe earn the respect of his fellow drivers.
No need for Joey to apoligize, he did nothing wrong.

Actually Kenseth got away with ruining other guys chances by his oops sorry I wrecked you apology's. I think he always tried to come off as mister nice guy when he apologized. Turns out he was just a wolf in sheep's clothing. Whereas Logano made no apology because he was going for the win and was not obligated to back off just because Kenseth was desperate for a win.

If you don't like Logano that's OK but he did just what Earnhardt used to do except for the phony apology.

Real racers don't need to apologize especially when we know they are not sincere.

BTW "just rattling his cage" is not an apology just a lame attempt.

Just adding Kenseth to my crybaby list along with Gordon, Tony Stuart, Kasey Kane and sometimes Harvick.

I didn't hear Keselowsky or Logano cry about being booted out of the chase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing