Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Hamilton wins the Hungarian Grand Prix, Rosberg second.

And Hamilton takes the lead in the drivers' championship for the first time this season.

Game on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 10:13 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And Hamilton takes the lead in the drivers' championship for the first time this season.

Game on!
Annnddd cue the Rosberg whining.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Annnddd cue the Rosberg whining.

I just hope both Mercs enjoy good reliability the rest of the season and the championship is decided without whining suspicions about favoritism. Both good drivers but IMO Lewis has the mental edge.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:44 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I just hope both Mercs enjoy good reliability the rest of the season and the championship is decided without whining suspicions about favoritism. Both good drivers but IMO Lewis has the mental edge.
Oh and he plays that up to his advantage whenever possible.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:27 AM

983 posts, read 1,633,759 times
Hamilton has this in the bag. Rosberg just doesn't cut it at crunch time.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Hamilton has this in the bag. Rosberg just doesn't cut it at crunch time.
I think it'll depend on how Rosberg uses the break, if he was smart he'd find one of those sports psychologists to help him man up. Seems to be a good history of some athletes being helped at times.
Equal cars and Nico can definitely go fast, seems like the mental game will be the decider and right now Lewis has a decided edge.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
Just got home from vacation and watched Germany last night - what in hell was Rosberg thinking? Pretty sure someone from Mercedes sat down with him to review the in-car footage and telemetry to discuss that one.

Did anything finally turn up on Massa's car? If not, this is definitely his last season with Williams.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:51 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
Wow, what a mess Spa was! Raikkonen can point all the fingers at Verstappen he wants, but it was mostly the older, experienced, seasoned drivers who lost their minds. I've always liked Vettel, but he is getting very whiny in his "old age"

I am very surprised that Alonso got no penalties - his team deserved one for unsafe release and he deserved one for his aggressive moves in the pit lane, just a couple feet away from pit crew.

I am sure Rosberg was saying "Lewis was 3rd? How did THAT happen?"

I don't understand the rules, allowing Hamilton to take a slew of penalty point and get three new engines (power units, MGK and MGH) for the rest of the season. Bet that is a loophole that gets filled in next year's rules.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Wow, what a mess Spa was! Raikkonen can point all the fingers at Verstappen he wants, but it was mostly the older, experienced, seasoned drivers who lost their minds. I've always liked Vettel, but he is getting very whiny in his "old age"
The first lap incident could certainly be labeled 'racing' but I thought the block Max put on Kimi later on in the race was uncalled for, probably a little too regulated these days but in the 'good ol' days' I wouldn't have been surprised if Max was invited out for a little attitude adjustment.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:28 AM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
I have been a F1 fan for many, many years. When I first started I had to look for race results in the back of the sports pages of the Monday Chicago Tribune and then wait for six weeks for Road and Track magazine to show up in the mail so I could read the race report. I was a Stirling Moss fan.

After all these years, with the current formula engine/power unit, or what ever you want to call it, I am finally starting to lose interest.

F1 cars are supposed to have advanced racing engines, maybe something like a V-12. . The current ones are just unbelievably and unnecessarily complicated and subject to unfathomable rules and regulations dictated by faceless FIA bureaucrats– and most of this has nothing to do with racing.

Because they are so complicated they are extremely expensive, so in order to save money they have to last a long time. Of course this makes them even more expensive. Although it seems they have eased up on that rule a little, initially they couldn't even make significant engine improvements because it was thought that this would be too expensive.

Thus we have all these grid penalty rules for engine component failures – I gave up trying to understand them, the casual fan doesn't have a chance. My favorite is a penalty for a turbocharger replacement.

Why do they have turbocharged engines, anyway? It just adds an unnecessary complication. 30 years ago turbocharged engines of this size produced 1200+ horsepower for qualifying. Today, with advancements they could produce 1200 horsepower all race long. But this would be too much, so they have all sorts of rules such as fuel flow so they produce about half that.

But they get good fuel mileage. I know this because the announcers are thrilled when they get within 2 seconds of the lap times of 12 years ago and they exclaim that they are using much less fuel. How exciting.

I can't even get excited about the new American F1 team, which is actually a European F1 team that just happens to be owned by an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing