U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 11:17 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,232,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
*GASP* What are you suggesting?!

At least it doesn't mean much in the long or short run.
It secures Chase in the Sprint Unlimited for the foreseeable future at least.

NAPA probably demanded such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 03:12 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,969,047 times
It might seem a bit silly to some but it would have been nice to award the Grand Marshall duties to Jeff Gordon at Daytona this year............................not to familiar with Gerald Butler, I think Gordon and the fans would have got a big kick out of it..............I could be wrong.

Butler shares the duties with Ken Griffey Jr. and WWE star John Cena.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:35 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,190,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

True but gotta figure that was going anyway but yeah. nascar loves them some manipulations!

Butler is eye-candy for the ladies. ^^

Old 02-18-2016, 12:15 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,327,383 times
Quote:

It gets a driver in an exhibition race, big whoop. No points, no trophy, no money unless the driver is the first one to take the checkered flag.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:28 AM

9,444 posts, read 7,123,835 times
I haven't had a chance to watch the second Duel yet.. However.. Why was I not surprised to see Jamie McMurray being around the crash on the last lap?

Is it me or is he pretty close to being out of control on plate races? He seems to be around most incidents that happen. What i've read on it is that Johnson lost it trying to get around him, and the accident in the duel wasn't really his fault, but.. He's reminding me a little of Ernie Irvan at plate tracks back in the Morgan McClure days.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:52 PM

5,644 posts, read 4,232,451 times
i also thought it was McMurray's fault.. he seemed to blocking JJ advance... but then again.. Bush was blocking McMurray's advance... those last lap wrecks are too common place at Daytona and 'Dega to put any one driver ahead of any other driver when it comes to who wrecked who.. JMO.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:58 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,897,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I haven't had a chance to watch the second Duel yet.. However.. Why was I not surprised to see Jamie McMurray being around the crash on the last lap?

Is it me or is he pretty close to being out of control on plate races? He seems to be around most incidents that happen. What i've read on it is that Johnson lost it trying to get around him, and the accident in the duel wasn't really his fault, but.. He's reminding me a little of Ernie Irvan at plate tracks back in the Morgan McClure days.
Quote:
i also thought it was McMurray's fault.. he seemed to blocking JJ advance... but then again.. Bush was blocking McMurray's advance... those last lap wrecks are too common place at Daytona and 'Dega to put any one driver ahead of any other driver when it comes to who wrecked who.. JMO.
Crashes are a part of plate racing. If you want to blame anybody, blame Brian France since he is in favor of pack racing which is caused by low HP restrictor plate engines.

The restrictor plate races are kept on the schedule to keep those "fans" interested in crashes coming back.

Real racing starts next week at Atlanta.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:19 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,190,549 times
I think it's one reason McMurray does well on plate tracks, he takes risks. That's a double edged sword but when it pays off it pays off - when it doesn't the field is a mess. I'd blame nascar before I'd blame the driver. He's doing what it takes to get to the front and win with those crazy plates.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:50 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,577,971 times
Quote:

I think y'all are underestimating Chase and his abilities. After watching him run yesterday and WIN even after having to almost drive sideways across the finish line due to Joey's last minute arsehat move I think he's shown he can be a force to deal with.

I know most don't/didn't like young guns showing up and winning everything (hence the hate for Gordon from day one) but I'm all for giving Chase a chance to see if the can run with the oldsters. Maybe he can take Kyle or Joey down a notch or 3 which would be a good thing in my book!

BTW GO JIMMIE #48!

Old 02-21-2016, 09:43 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,897,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think y'all are underestimating Chase and his abilities. After watching him run yesterday and WIN even after having to almost drive sideways across the finish line due to Joey's last minute arsehat move I think he's shown he can be a force to deal with.

I know most don't/didn't like young guns showing up and winning everything (hence the hate for Gordon from day one) but I'm all for giving Chase a chance to see if the can run with the oldsters. Maybe he can take Kyle or Joey down a notch or 3 which would be a good thing in my book!

BTW GO JIMMIE #48!
Chase did everything he could to hold off Joey and Joey did everything he could to get pass Chase. Would not think much of Joey if he didn't go for the win

You don't win races by being a nice guy.

BTW Your guy won yet you have to come here and cry about Joey and Kyle who wasn't even there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or