U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 10:17 AM

32,517 posts, read 26,406,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think y'all are underestimating Chase and his abilities. After watching him run yesterday and WIN even after having to almost drive sideways across the finish line due to Joey's last minute arsehat move I think he's shown he can be a force to deal with.

I know most don't/didn't like young guns showing up and winning everything (hence the hate for Gordon from day one) but I'm all for giving Chase a chance to see if the can run with the oldsters. Maybe he can take Kyle or Joey down a notch or 3 which would be a good thing in my book!

BTW GO JIMMIE #48!
i didnt dilike jeff gordon for winning when he broke into sprint cup, in fact a was a jeff gordon fan when he was in busch series at the time. i was mad at gordon for screwing over bill davis by jumping to hendrick without any warning what so ever.

as for chase elliot, i think the kid has great up side potential, and i want him to be successful, i was a big fan of his fathers.

as for the end of the race yesterday, joey was doing what he could to WIN, as we chase. stop whining about little things like a crunched quarter panel. had joey intentionally spun chase to win the race, then perhaps you might have reason to complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 10:24 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,190,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think y'all are underestimating Chase and his abilities. After watching him run yesterday and WIN even after having to almost drive sideways across the finish line due to Joey's last minute arsehat move I think he's shown he can be a force to deal with.

I know most don't/didn't like young guns showing up and winning everything (hence the hate for Gordon from day one) but I'm all for giving Chase a chance to see if the can run with the oldsters. Maybe he can take Kyle or Joey down a notch or 3 which would be a good thing in my book!

BTW GO JIMMIE #48!
I don't think anyone is underestimating Elliott. He has talent or he wouldn't have gotten the 24 ride. However a pole Daytona means very little. When we get to racing then we'll see how it goes. I for one have no problem if he shows up and starts winning races. Good for him. One reason Gordon was popular was winning early and winning big.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:19 AM

3,044 posts, read 2,209,219 times
Lets get it on!!!!!!!!! Time to go racing!!!!!!!!

Its Daytona Day!!!!

Old 02-22-2016, 05:12 AM

668 posts, read 468,329 times
One of the most boring races of the year, Way too much hype for 200 laps of playing follow the leader. Not much racing. This sport has turned into IROC racing. Guess next is that NASCAR will build 40 identical cars and have a drawing to see which driver gets what car for that weekend along with a NASCAR crew

Old 02-22-2016, 05:59 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
One of the most boring races of the year, Way too much hype for 200 laps of playing follow the leader. Not much racing. This sport has turned into IROC racing. Guess next is that NASCAR will build 40 identical cars and have a drawing to see which driver gets what car for that weekend along with a NASCAR crew
Probably one of the worst races ever. Lead on the white flag lap and you get passed by your teammate from a push by another driver on a different team and a different brand.Then finish 14th.
Has to be the worst day for Kenseth.

All that follow the leader and Brian didn't even get the big one. If there gonna make us watch this nonsense at least schedule a big crash.

The best part of the day was seeing Rick Hendrick do the walk of shame after his two favorites crashed out.

I like Jr and Chase, just a little tired of the promotion of those two especially coming from Gordon.

Last edited by PDD; 02-22-2016 at 06:26 AM..

Old 02-22-2016, 06:12 AM

9,071 posts, read 15,065,032 times
Wow, did the JGR teams make this one boring race for the first 195 laps. Credit to them for having the cars to get to the front and just stick there, but there was nobody in the field who could truly challenge them either. So many cars attempted to make the outside line work, and nobody could bring it up to the leaders.

I am not sure if that was more about the JGR cars, or just a difference in the track grip for this day race, compared to the night races in the Unlimited and Duels. Still, it made for a particularly boring brand of racing.

The photo finish was exciting anyway.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:31 AM

3,044 posts, read 2,209,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

I like Jr and Chase, just a little tired of the promotion of those two especially coming from Gordon.
Did you honestly expect him NOT to? I do have to wonder though how he would have felt if, IF the 24 had won the race.......

Old 02-22-2016, 08:08 AM

32,517 posts, read 26,406,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Probably one of the worst races ever. Lead on the white flag lap and you get passed by your teammate from a push by another driver on a different team and a different brand.Then finish 14th.
Has to be the worst day for Kenseth.
you make it sound like there are such a thing as team mates in the last few laps of a restrictor plate race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Wow, did the JGR teams make this one boring race for the first 195 laps. Credit to them for having the cars to get to the front and just stick there, but there was nobody in the field who could truly challenge them either. So many cars attempted to make the outside line work, and nobody could bring it up to the leaders.

I am not sure if that was more about the JGR cars, or just a difference in the track grip for this day race, compared to the night races in the Unlimited and Duels. Still, it made for a particularly boring brand of racing.

The photo finish was exciting anyway.
the JGR cars did what they needed to do to try and settle the race among themselves.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:23 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you make it sound like there are such a thing as team mates in the last few laps of a restrictor plate race.

the JGR cars did what they needed to do to try and settle the race among themselves.
I know what it is, just that Kenseth has to be disappointed especially since Hamlin got a push from Harvick.

I know there was no way Harvick was gonna push Logano the last lap.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:09 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,190,010 times
Finish was good, almost had a massive wreck there, but yeah boring race. Back to the drawing book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or