Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 09:03 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What they need to do is get rid of the splitter and rear spoiler altogether. I agree with Jr. with respect to how cars should be designed now.
Go back to no aero package and let 'em actually drive the cars and use whatever skills they have to win instead of pretty much just being along for the ride...
actually they should have an aero package, one like this;

a small spoiler on the rear deck lid, and a small one under the front bumper. and you can take away down force on the nose by opening up the grill opening, and not letting the teams tape up the nose. if you want to prevent tandem drafting at the super speedways, then round the bumpers up a bit more, at both ends, and reduce the size of the radiator, as well as the core thickness. you can even reduce teh number of fins per inch allowed, to say 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 09:13 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Hopefully Bush and Harvick can get out of their contracts and drive for a competitive team again. Can't believe Tony would go with an inferior engine builder like Roush Yates. Penske at least has power
Who do you think is building Penske engines?

You must be knew to NASCAR

Old 02-24-2016, 09:15 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually they should have an aero package, one like this;

a small spoiler on the rear deck lid, and a small one under the front bumper. and you can take away down force on the nose by opening up the grill opening, and not letting the teams tape up the nose. if you want to prevent tandem drafting at the super speedways, then round the bumpers up a bit more, at both ends, and reduce the size of the radiator, as well as the core thickness. you can even reduce teh number of fins per inch allowed, to say 8.
Are you suggesting NASCAR get back to real racing?

Blasphemy

Old 02-24-2016, 09:19 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Yeah, that is very shocking. I always thought Stewart was a diehard Chevy guy. Ford must have offered a bunch of money. Although it makes sense considering they haven't had more than one or two serious championship threats since 2005. I wonder how Roush feels about this.
No Stewart is a diehard $$$$ guy.

Only a few of the teams are diehard to one brand. Hendricks, Childress, Roush, Wood Bros. the others all go where the money is.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:36 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Yeah, that is very shocking. I always thought Stewart was a diehard Chevy guy. Ford must have offered a bunch of money. Although it makes sense considering they haven't had more than one or two serious championship threats since 2005. I wonder how Roush feels about this.
Well, I would guess it's about moving up the pecking order.. After all, that's why Gibbs went to Toyota.. They were always going to be #2 or #3 in the Chevy camp, behind Hendrick and Childress (at the time) and at Toyota, they would be the flag bearer, which, they certainly are. How many non-JGR Toyota wins are there? 3 or 4 from the former MWR and 1 from the defunct Red Bull team?

Ford.. I don't know.. That doesn't add up.. He's basically moved from being team #3 getting alot of support from team #1 to being.. Team #3 (Behind Penske and RFR) with engine support only. I presume maybe he wanted to build the team up more and move chassis in house or something?

It's not a horribly bad move to build your team up.. But, going to Ford to do it.. I dunno.. Gibbs started like this, remember. 91-95 they were getting everything from Hendrick.. In 96 they moved engines in house, in 97 they started building their own chassis and I think that was the year they went to Pontiac as well, which moved them from WAY down the list on the Chevy side to #1 on the Pontiac side (Yeah, all still GM, but). They went to Pontiac in either 96 or 97. Within 3 years of that, they won a championship. So.. It's a good blueprint of how to build a team.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:45 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
SHR to Ford for 2017..
Well that's a major step backwards...

But on the bright side, maybe PeeDee will learn how to spell Stewart now

Old 02-24-2016, 10:46 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

Only a few of the teams are diehard to one brand. Hendricks, Childress, Roush, Wood Bros. the others all go where the money is.
Obviously, since the change was made, but I bet Haas was the driving force behind the change. Also, I don't think anyone would have guessed that they would switch to Ford before today. One of the main reasons why Stewart left Gibbs was because they switched from Chevy to Toyota.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:09 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Well that's a major step backwards...

But on the bright side, maybe PeeDee will learn how to spell Stewart now

Tell that to Roger Penske, maybe he needs your advice.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting NASCAR get back to real racing?

Blasphemy
you are right, i must do penance, father forgive me for i have sinned against nascar, i am prepared for what ever penalty you prescribe

Old 02-24-2016, 08:13 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:

Like the pro wrestler Ted Debiase used to say "everyone has his price."
Ford needs a premier team and Penske can't do it with two cars. Rousch and RPM sure as hell aren't going to get the job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing