U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 03:48 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,080,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Anyone see Harvick sticking with SHR?

I predict he'll be in the 5 car at Hendrick next year.
SHR has an option on his contract.. He's not going anywhere unless SHR allows it.

That.. Would be interestingly full circle, though..

Dodge swiped Kahne away from Ford at the start of his career.. And there was a big to-do about that..

And.. Kahne is under contract through 2018.. While there could certainly be a release in either case.. I think Harvick is in a Ford next year. Much as Stewart was in a Toyota for a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 04:23 PM

1,620 posts, read 1,730,420 times
NASCAR is endorsing Trump. I'll never watch another race!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:41 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,864,395 times
[quote=Sherwoody;43193802]NASCAR is endorsing Trump. I'll never watch another race!

Nice try but Trump failed at getting a NASCAR track in Staten Island, NY as he promised, so much for Trump influence in NY. NASCAR already bought the property but had to sell after Trump didn't come thru.
Don't know if they took a loss but certainly they are not happy with Trump.

Or maybe NASCAR bailed after Trump insisted the track be named Trump Raceway?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:49 PM

[quote=PDD;43193993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
NASCAR is endorsing Trump. I'll never watch another race!

Nice try but Trump failed at getting a NASCAR track in Staten Island, NY as he promised, so much for Trump influence in NY. NASCAR already bought the property but had to sell after Trump didn't come thru.
Don't know if they took a loss but certainly they are not happy with Trump.

Or maybe NASCAR bailed after Trump insisted the track be named Trump Raceway?
I just watched (on CNN) Brian France and a few drivers speak at one of Trumps rally's. Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUoQiKIJ7E

Old 03-01-2016, 06:53 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,864,395 times
[quote=Sherwoody;43194081]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

I just watched (on CNN) Brian France and a few drivers speak at one of Trumps rally's. Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUoQiKIJ7E
OMG, I could not watch anymore.

Most NASCAR fans detest Brian France so that half assed endorsement doesn't carry much weight but Bill Elliott (I admit I stopped watching) is a letdown. We know Bill is a down to earth hillbilly but even appearing on the stage with Trump shows he is not much of a thinker.

I wonder how much Trump paid for those mostly has been drivers to show up?

Old 03-01-2016, 07:54 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
[quote=PDD;43199386]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post

Most NASCAR fans detest Brian France so that half assed endorsement doesn't carry much weight but Bill Elliott (I admit I stopped watching) is a letdown. We know Bill is a down to earth hillbilly but even appearing on the stage with Trump shows he is not much of a thinker.

I guess no one is as smart as you..

Old 03-01-2016, 08:45 AM

[quote=mco65;43200153]
Quote:

I guess no one is as smart as you..
Not smart enough to quote I see. Please quote correctly or not at all.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:32 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Quote:

How exactly do you know that "most NASCAR fans detest France", some poll somewhere?

Good for NASCAR, they know what horse is likely to win and backed it. Maybe Trump will look more favorable to things NASCAR needs instead of trying to legislate 'em via environmental laws out of existence?
Of course I guess if catalytic converters and such on race cars is ok then who's in office doesn't matter...

Old 03-01-2016, 09:56 AM

6,557 posts, read 10,264,564 times
Brian France's endorsement of Trump was foolish, and it affirms my belief (along with the loss of 50% of the sport's fan base over the last 15 years) that he's not a very good businessman.

NASCAR's treading water right now. Tracks are removing thousands of seats. 40,000 people just showed up at Atlanta, and the overnight ratings for the first two races of the season have been abysmal. They need all the potential fans they can get, and by publicly endorsing a candidate Bri-Bri had his Mitt Romney Moment. He's successfully alienated half the country's population, and likely lost Camping World as the primary sponsor of the Truck Series. He would've been wise to stay above the fray, but smart and Brian France don't exactly go hand-in-hand.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:34 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,184,730 times
Wow, really disappointed in the Elliott's. The 24 car is no longer something I can pull for. Not surprised by the other 2 guys nor France. This doesn't help the perception of nascar. It reinforces it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or