U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 11:29 AM

3,461 posts, read 1,857,482 times

Advertisements

Wow, the empty seats at Atlanta were pretty obvious, early in the season, but.......... I find I still enjoy going to our local track so much more, first, ticket prices are affordable, second, you can see the whole track, third, the drivers seem more passionate about racing, fourth, closer to the track and more connected to the race. NASCAR's super speedways are just too big, it's not just about the speed, to me a short track race at 90 mph is more exciting than a boring super speedway race at 200 mph. The major leagues are just too over exposed, the commercial aspects of sponsors, the celebrity aspect of drivers and the exclusivity of large well funded teams. There seemed to be a lot more soul in the sport until about the 90's, but it's been fading ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
[quote=mco65;43200153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

I guess no one is as smart as you..
Certainly not anybody on Trumps bandwagon.

How many years did you own a construction company in the NYC area? Everybody involved with Trump in NY and NJ knows how he screwed over many of his contractors. Trump is a phony and his only great accomplishment this year seems to be that he can lure in and dupe the masses outside the business.

Congrats, Trump got you.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:13 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,549,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Wow, the empty seats at Atlanta were pretty obvious, early in the season, but.......... I find I still enjoy going to our local track so much more, first, ticket prices are affordable, second, you can see the whole track, third, the drivers seem more passionate about racing, fourth, closer to the track and more connected to the race. NASCAR's super speedways are just too big, it's not just about the speed, to me a short track race at 90 mph is more exciting than a boring super speedway race at 200 mph. The major leagues are just too over exposed, the commercial aspects of sponsors, the celebrity aspect of drivers and the exclusivity of large well funded teams. There seemed to be a lot more soul in the sport until about the 90's, but it's been fading ever since.
Personally I'm more excited about dirt tracks and Modifies/Outlaw racing. I think NASACR has their fingers way too deep in the cars and way to rule crazy but could really care less about who endorses whom.

[quote=PDD;43203354]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

Certainly not anybody on Trumps bandwagon.

How many years did you own a construction company in the NYC area? Everybody involved with Trump in NY and NJ knows how he screwed over many of his contractors. Trump is a phony and his only great accomplishment this year seems to be that he can lure in and dupe the masses outside the business.

Congrats, Trump got you.
Are you one of the owners? Did he cheat YOU personally? It's just more "stories" about candidates that belong in the P&OC pages.

I'd bet there's more Trump support throughout NASCAR and all other sports that people think. I'm also sure there's support for all others as well as Hillbilly and "Give it away" Sanders, Marco Polo and Grandpa Munster.

So? Does it matter to me if Bill Elliot or France votes for Trump? Nope, has nothing to do with who wins or loses at the track at all.

For those who'd stop watching/liking Chase Elliot just because his DAD (not him) is supporting someone then I'd have to rate you people as low intelligence partisan hacks that he doesn't need as fans anyway...
GO JIMMIE #48

Old 03-01-2016, 12:31 PM
PDD

[quote=jimj;43203740]Personally I'm more excited about dirt tracks and Modifies/Outlaw racing. I think NASACR has their fingers way too deep in the cars and way to rule crazy but could really care less about who endorses whom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Are you one of the owners? Did he cheat YOU personally? It's just more "stories" about candidates that belong in the P&OC pages.

I'd bet there's more Trump support throughout NASCAR and all other sports that people think. I'm also sure there's support for all others as well as Hillbilly and "Give it away" Sanders, Marco Polo and Grandpa Munster.

So? Does it matter to me if Bill Elliot or France votes for Trump? Nope, has nothing to do with who wins or loses at the track at all.

For those who'd stop watching/liking Chase Elliot just because his DAD (not him) is supporting someone then I'd have to rate you people as low intelligence partisan hacks that he doesn't need as fans anyway...
GO JIMMIE #48
Yes I am and no I don't care who supports Trump. Not really surprised at the NASCAR supporters look who else is supporting him.
Palin. Christy, Duke.

Will have no effect on my NASCAR support, I pay to watch them drive. Don't care who they vote for, what football team they support. Don't want to watch them dance, play poker.

Look it's NASCAR, none of us fans are in line to be rocket scientists or brain surgeons we are entertained by cars going fast in circles.

Vote for who you want but if Trump is counting on all NASCAR fans to support him he might want to show up at a track one of these days.

He still won't get my vote to me it's personal.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:26 PM

[quote=PDD;43204019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Personally I'm more excited about dirt tracks and Modifies/Outlaw racing. I think NASACR has their fingers way too deep in the cars and way to rule crazy but could really care less about who endorses whom.

Yes I am and no I don't care who supports Trump. Not really surprised at the NASCAR supporters look who else is supporting him.
Palin. Christy, Duke.

Will have no effect on my NASCAR support, I pay to watch them drive. Don't care who they vote for, what football team they support. Don't want to watch them dance, play poker.

Look it's NASCAR, none of us fans are in line to be rocket scientists or brain surgeons we are entertained by cars going fast in circles.

Vote for who you want but if Trump is counting on all NASCAR fans to support him he might want to show up at a track one of these days.

He still won't get my vote to me it's personal.
I'm sorry to hear that <bold>, it's come to the point that the more money one has the more he/she can cheat,steal and pillage without consequence as the law is on their side.

You are correct, who NASCAR as a body supports will not have much effect on it's fans and their attendance and hopefully who they do or don't vote for.
As for "none of us fans are in line to be rocket scientists or brain surgeons we are entertained by cars going fast in circles" I'd have to loudly disagree.
I've met all sorts at races, some of the best,stand up,smart and fair people I know are NASCAR fans (though I do question those following Joey L or Kyle B. ) so don't sell them/us/yourself short.

Now if we can just get one of those candidates to say "if elected I will follow the suggestions of Dale E. (and many others) and order all splitters and spoilers gone and NASCAR to let the drivers actually DRIVE".
That'd get MY vote!

Old 03-12-2016, 06:10 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,098,054 times
JGR is dominant in the Xfinity series so far.. Kyle won his third race of the year.. He's won ever race he's been in.. And it was the second straight podium-sweeping finish for JGR.

20 failed post-race.. But seems to be pretty minor.. Same thing that the 2 car got a $5k fine for at Atlanta.

That puts Busch at 159 wins across three series. I imagine he'll hit the 200 win mark in the next 3 years. Admittedly, that's not as impressive as Petty's 200 cup series wins, which noone will ever beat.. But, it is still very impressive.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:31 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
JGR is dominant in the Xfinity series so far.. Kyle won his third race of the year.. He's won ever race he's been in.. And it was the second straight podium-sweeping finish for JGR.

20 failed post-race.. But seems to be pretty minor.. Same thing that the 2 car got a $5k fine for at Atlanta.

That puts Busch at 159 wins across three series. I imagine he'll hit the 200 win mark in the next 3 years. Admittedly, that's not as impressive as Petty's 200 cup series wins, which noone will ever beat.. But, it is still very impressive.

JGR will be dominant in NASCAR until Toyota Motors gets tired of proving that they can beat America at it's own game.

If Bush was driving Chevy or Ford he would not be dominating. He would win his share but that's all.

The clear advantage for JGR is Toyota.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:42 PM

7,836 posts, read 19,579,871 times
Nice to see the always present yellow flag with 10 to go, it seems so rigged that nearly every race has a caution with 10 or so to go. The famed "debris on the track calls"

Old 03-13-2016, 10:19 PM

890 posts, read 1,533,261 times
The debris was the 5 car in the wall. There was no problem with today's yellow.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:46 AM

I think the winner of the race moment for this weekend is.... Jimmie Johnson for not locking in his steering wheel and crashing into the wall.

He'll never,ever live this down <sigh>.

GO JIMMIE #48 (but lock in that wheel from now on)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or