U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 09:27 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times

Advertisements

The All Star race.
I wish NASCAR gave a little more thought to the rules of the AS race. They seemed confused as what to do with the late caution.
If your gonna have a special race to add some excitement at least know what to do when one of the drivers makes a mistake. They seem totally confused when Kenseth missed his green flag pit stop and the caution came out.
At least my two drivers finished 1,2 and they didn't have to wreck anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 09:34 AM

3,025 posts, read 2,185,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The All Star race.
I wish NASCAR gave a little more thought to the rules of the AS race. They seemed confused as what to do with the late caution.
If your gonna have a special race to add some excitement at least know what to do when one of the drivers makes a mistake. They seem totally confused when Kenseth missed his green flag pit stop and the caution came out.
At least my two drivers finished 1,2 and they didn't have to wreck anybody.
Ill have to agree, except for your 2 drivers. The racing itself was much better in the "Open" IMO and they need to go back to to the old, old formats and stop throwing in these deals like not letting everyone pit for the last segment like they did. I was just waiting on one of those guys to get slammed into the wall. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:25 AM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
i agree, the mass confusion of rules that was the all star race needs to be thrown in the trash heap of history, and go back to rules that make sense. for instance the rule of the lug nuts being checked was supposed to be just for qualifying, and not the race itself, i think edwards would have won that race had they not checked the lugs nuts and put him at the back of the lead lap cars.

and somehow instead of picking up edwards at the end of the first segment, they picked up whom ever was seemingly in front? get real people. also somehow a number of the lead lap cars at the end of segment one ended up a lap down after a few laps in segment two, how the hell did that happen?

Old 05-22-2016, 12:38 PM

445 posts, read 680,618 times
2016 Season NASCAR thread-13221468_10204696232164615_4309163823876806253_n.jpg

Old 05-22-2016, 05:04 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree, the mass confusion of rules that was the all star race needs to be thrown in the trash heap of history, and go back to rules that make sense. for instance the rule of the lug nuts being checked was supposed to be just for qualifying, and not the race itself, i think edwards would have won that race had they not checked the lugs nuts and put him at the back of the lead lap cars.

and somehow instead of picking up edwards at the end of the first segment, they picked up whom ever was seemingly in front? get real people. also somehow a number of the lead lap cars at the end of segment one ended up a lap down after a few laps in segment two, how the hell did that happen?
Carl started ahead of both Logano and Brad in the last segment he just didn't have the car this time.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:29 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Quote:
Carl started ahead of both Logano and Brad in the last segment he just didn't have the car this time.
really? since when is thirteenth place ahead of logano and bradk? they both started ahead of carl in the last segment. carl did end up finishing fourth, which tells me he HAD the car to beat in the last segment.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:53 AM

3,025 posts, read 2,185,519 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpVnivw4AVQ

Look again.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:33 AM
PDD

Quote:
really? since when is thirteenth place ahead of logano and bradk? they both started ahead of carl in the last segment. carl did end up finishing fourth, which tells me he HAD the car to beat in the last segment.
My mistake it was the last restart where Carl started ahead of Logano and Brad. Actually the car to beat was Larson and he was, but not by Carl. (thanks Joey)

Carl was my favorite for years and I still like him but I am a team Ford fan, been that way since I first saw Curtis Turner driving a Ford Convertible at Langhorn PA, 1956

Old 05-23-2016, 08:54 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,183,857 times
That was a mess. Tony was not a happy camper. lol I'm surprised he didn't retire on the spot. You know you have problems when the booth guys have no idea what's going on.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:24 AM
PDD

Quote:
OK you're right. I watched the last segment again and Carl did start behind Logano and Brad. No way of knowing if Carl would have won because Larson, Logano left everybody behind with Logano definately out driving Larson.

If Carl ever gets back in a Ford I will root for him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or