U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 06:51 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,869,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I ran across an interesting article about Jeff Gordon filling in on the 88. The pros were having Jeff back brings in ratings and fills seats. The sponsors are happy.

The cons are that HMS should be using the car to start looking for the next superstar to replace Jr and Jimmy in the next few years. Kasey is not doing that great either. The only future star they have now is Elliot.

Right now HMS future looks rather bleak. (I'm sure that will make PDD )
If the future is bleak at HMS it's because JGR along with TRD is giving Hendrick a taste of it'a own medicine.
It also doesn't hurt that Penske is outperforming HMS along with the defection of SH racing.

Now that Ford has stopped wasting money buy not supporting NHRA Funny car teams. Maybe they can back to more NASCAR support?

Seems to me when Ford gets serious about winning they have no problem beating up the competition like they did at LeMans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 10:09 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,086,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I ran across an interesting article about Jeff Gordon filling in on the 88. The pros were having Jeff back brings in ratings and fills seats. The sponsors are happy.

The cons are that HMS should be using the car to start looking for the next superstar to replace Jr and Jimmy in the next few years. Kasey is not doing that great either. The only future star they have now is Elliot.

Right now HMS future looks rather bleak. (I'm sure that will make PDD )
HMS can have their pick of drivers tho.. Anyone considered an 'up and comer' they could land.. If they went after Erik Jones.. Good chance they could get him if they could promise him a ride long term. Right now, FRR and JGR can't promise that. They could also go after Suarez for the same reasons.

Kyle Larson.. Give him a choice between the 42 and the 48.. I'm sure he takes the 48.

Of course, there's contracts that have to come up at the right time, but.. They are less affected by developing "home grown" talent than other teams.. Though, I do agree that they're not doing a good job of developing any talent right now and sooner or later, that will bite you in the ass.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:05 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,578,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
If the future is bleak at HMS it's because JGR along with TRD is giving Hendrick a taste of it'a own medicine.
It also doesn't hurt that Penske is outperforming HMS along with the defection of SH racing.

Now that Ford has stopped wasting money buy not supporting NHRA Funny car teams. Maybe they can back to more NASCAR support?

Seems to me when Ford gets serious about winning they have no problem beating up the competition like they did at LeMans.
I wouldn't say it's the taste of their own medicine...HMS got lucky and was able to get really talented drivers. Chevy was on a roll during HMS tenure at the top. Now the cycle has changed. Toyota put a lot of work and money into making their equipment top notch. Now its JGR's turn to be on the top of the mountain.

It will cycle around again.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:18 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,720,135 times
JR Motorsports has signed William Byron, which means we'll be seeing him at Hendrick in a few years.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,578,082 times
That certainly was a frustrating NASCAR weekend. Nothing you can do about the weather.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:49 AM

668 posts, read 467,204 times
Be glad when NBC stops race coverage.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:34 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,538,630 times
New race, 24 Hours of Bristol!

What's tiring is little boy Bush always blaming others when he crashes out of a race.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:11 AM

668 posts, read 467,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

What's tiring is little boy Bush always blaming others when he crashes out of a race.
He knew something was wrong with his car, he should have pitted before this happened. His brother owns up to his wreck saying he was pushing it 110 percent.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:27 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,491 times
I can't even watch NBCs coverage. They are awful. But then rain had me move on to other things. Nascar needed to pull the plug faster Sat.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:59 AM

2,837 posts, read 1,925,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

I wonder if he straightened out Joe Gibbs Racing today, Tuesday, like he said he would be doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or