U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 08:33 AM

5,802 posts, read 6,580,827 times

Advertisements

Had a great time at the Darlington this weekend, even though it seemed like the Sprint Cup drivers were able to "tame" the Lady in Black since there were very little "Darlington Stripes" or major wrecks on Sunday night.

The one thing that really impressed me was that from where I was sitting in the Pearson Tower, it seemed like the seats were mostly full throughout the track. Much fuller than most of the races at other tracks this season. The tropical storm that passed through on Friday may have deterred some fans from coming.

Just goes to show NASCAR that it was a very good decision to come back to Darlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 08:55 AM

3,033 posts, read 2,197,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

The one thing that really impressed me was that from where I was sitting in the Pearson Tower, it seemed like the seats were mostly full throughout the track. Much fuller than most of the races at other tracks this season. The tropical storm that passed through on Friday may have deterred some fans from coming.
I was going, but wrenched my shoulder pretty good and spent most of Saturday at the hospital, but I noticed watching it Sunday that the stands did appear to be pretty full compared to other races so far this year.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:01 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,549,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Sorry boys.....this was what made the sport. Not the pansy rules and regulations they have now. Sprint Cup crowds are dwindling because when you have 40 cars starting and only 10 with a realistic chance of winning it gets dull. Let them bang. Let them cheat. Bring back The Good Ol Boy sport of stock car racing.
Well, Nemechek may be in the chase now but I highly doubt he will be "allowed" to win it due to his actions.
My guess is he will be repaid right at the best/worst time which will cost him any chance of getting what he's shooting for.
Bumping,banging or rubbing are one thing but to bury someone like that is not racing.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:55 AM

813 posts, read 1,302,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Had a great time at the Darlington this weekend, even though it seemed like the Sprint Cup drivers were able to "tame" the Lady in Black since there were very little "Darlington Stripes" or major wrecks on Sunday night.

Just goes to show NASCAR that it was a very good decision to come back to Darlington.
... and they took the spring race. while these tracks are empty in NH, Pho, ect.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:39 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
... and they took the spring race. while these tracks are empty in NH, Pho, ect.
NASCAR should take the Sept race away from NH and bring it back to Rockingham where more NASCAR fans live ( NC ).

Old 09-06-2016, 04:01 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,720,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NASCAR should take the Sept race away from NH and bring it back to Rockingham where more NASCAR fans live ( NC ).
Agreed. It seems all of the tracks with two dates (except Daytona and Talladega) seem to have the worst attendance issues. Going to those tracks twice a year makes the problem seem worse than it really is.

I'd like to see these tracks added to the schedule (ignoring whatever condition they might be in). They would replace tracks that have two dates.

Rockingham
North Wilkesboro
Road America
Montreal
Memphis
Fairgrounds Speedway

Old 09-06-2016, 05:02 PM

813 posts, read 1,302,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
the 'rock' was a great racing track and a great track to watch racing. still miss those cold feb weekends.

as Ive said, brianfrance has ruined his familys' work.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:25 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Agreed. It seems all of the tracks with two dates (except Daytona and Talladega) seem to have the worst attendance issues. Going to those tracks twice a year makes the problem seem worse than it really is.

I'd like to see these tracks added to the schedule (ignoring whatever condition they might be in). They would replace tracks that have two dates.

Rockingham
North Wilkesboro
Road America
Montreal
Memphis
Fairgrounds Speedway

Agreed. Get rid of the west coast swing completely as far as I'm concerned. Time and money sink driving everything out there for a sport no one cares about. I know that won't happen, and is debatable as to my reasoning (=p), so get rid of 2 dates and add the old southern tracks back.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:54 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,549,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Agreed. Get rid of the west coast swing completely as far as I'm concerned. Time and money sink driving everything out there for a sport no one cares about. I know that won't happen, and is debatable as to my reasoning (=p), so get rid of 2 dates and add the old southern tracks back.
Part of that west coast swing is AZ, which btw, is sold out for both races. Vegas has great attendance too as far as I've seen. No need to be southern "snobs"...

Old 09-07-2016, 12:12 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,720,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Part of that west coast swing is AZ, which btw, is sold out for both races. Vegas has great attendance too as far as I've seen. No need to be southern "snobs"...

Yeah, I was going to say the only west coast track that has poor attendance is California. Ironically, the racing has been really good the past 4-5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or