U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 08:21 AM

3,061 posts, read 2,228,001 times

Advertisements

I thought they closed it when Finch sold the team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 04:59 PM

9,489 posts, read 7,163,629 times
Apparently they moved it after last season.

Official Site of HScott Motorsports

Old 10-24-2016, 08:43 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,195,984 times
You know nascar is well and truly doomed when F1 gets the main network over them, especially in the chase on an elimination race at 'dega. Even if it is the 'US' GP, F1 is still little more than a niche sport in the US and yet.... You can stick a fork in nascar, it's done.

'Dega was the usual leader can't be passed yawn-fest. At this point nascar must simply bank on a huge crash because that's some boring stuff. When 3 chaser don't even bother to race you know something's wrong.

Oh, I did enjoy Jr in the booth. He's pretty good.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:28 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
You know nascar is well and truly doomed when F1 gets the main network over them, especially in the chase on an elimination race at 'dega. Even if it is the 'US' GP, F1 is still little more than a niche sport in the US and yet.... You can stick a fork in nascar, it's done.

'Dega was the usual leader can't be passed yawn-fest. At this point nascar must simply bank on a huge crash because that's some boring stuff. When 3 chaser don't even bother to race you know something's wrong.

Oh, I did enjoy Jr in the booth. He's pretty good.
Did you happen to notice the winner Logano, did not start on the front row. Did you happen to notice that Keselosky had to work his way back to the front when he lost track position.

Where did the winner of the F1 race start? Did a F1 winner ever start in the rear of the field and had to "drive" to the front row?

If you don't like NASCAR just stop watching instead of whining about it.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:00 AM

Because that's the nature of forums? Opinions. I'll never get that notion that people should only express positive opinions or go away. It's not whining to opine that the sport is in trouble - one you enjoy(ed).

As to the race, I stand by what I said.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:03 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,862,060 times
Quote:
Because that's the nature of forums? Opinions. I'll never get that notion that people should only express positive opinions or go away. It's not whining to opine that the sport is in trouble - one you enjoy(ed).

As to the race, I stand by what I said.
You stand by the "leader can't be passed" comment when there were several lead changes?

Really?

Old 10-24-2016, 11:31 AM

9,489 posts, read 7,163,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
You stand by the "leader can't be passed" comment when there were several lead changes?

Really?
Some people aren't happy unless we're back to the 75 lead changes days.. Which, admittedly.. I do miss. That aero package from 2000/2001 was pretty good.

But, so far as chasers not racing.. Look, that's the strategy that some elect to use at plate races. Edwards and Johnson you can count on it. Dale Jarrett wasn't the first, but he certainly popularized the strategy and legitimized it when he won.. And I believe he's still the only driver to ride around all day and win. Others have done it some, but noone did it the entire race like he did.

The safest 2 places are first and last. And, we can all remember times where those positions got caught up in the big one.. Hell.. I can probably think of times where the first place car landed on the last place car..

Old 10-24-2016, 11:51 AM

32,559 posts, read 26,495,720 times
a lot of different strategies going on at dega yesterday. logano needed win, edwards, kennseth, and bush, didnt, they just needed to stay out of trouble. hamlin needed to beat dillon by enough positions to at least zero out the points difference between them, dillon needed to gain one spot. obviously the JGR team did what they needed to do to move on to the next round. but what would have happened if the 18,19,20 cars all got caught up in a big wreck? at least two of them would be out of the chase, and where were they? right where the big wrecks normally take out the "riders".

Old 10-25-2016, 08:57 AM

Certainly don't need 75 passes for the lead. But an ability for a car to power past another would be nice. Keslowski would never have come off the front except for that paper and resulting blown engine. No one was passing anyone out front unless the leader made a mistake on which lane to block, or got paper in their grill.

As to the JGR strategy, that's a terrible thing for racing. Is it smart in the current system, of course. But its racing not pointing. That's a big deal when cars capable of winning don't bother. Sure if they have a 30th place car then whatever, but those guys could have won and should have tried. It looks bad and is pretty disappointing for their fans. And yes, points racing is as old as nascar (as is Jarrett's sit at that the back however he tried to win at some point) but this is a new low.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:45 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,926,921 times
Quote:
Certainly don't need 75 passes for the lead. But an ability for a car to power past another would be nice. Keslowski would never have come off the front except for that paper and resulting blown engine. No one was passing anyone out front unless the leader made a mistake on which lane to block, or got paper in their grill.

As to the JGR strategy, that's a terrible thing for racing. Is it smart in the current system, of course. But its racing not pointing. That's a big deal when cars capable of winning don't bother. Sure if they have a 30th place car then whatever, but those guys could have won and should have tried. It looks bad and is pretty disappointing for their fans. And yes, points racing is as old as nascar (as is Jarrett's sit at that the back however he tried to win at some point) but this is a new low.
That's what the restrictor plate does not allow you to do.

Many of us old timers prefer no restrictor plates. A rear gear rule will keep the speeds under control. The only thing a restrictor plate does is keep the cars in a pack which leads to the big ones

Brian France says he likes pack racing so restrictor plates are not going away.

I hate restrictor plates but both Keselosky and Logano were able to pass other cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or