U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 08:01 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,539,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You can thank Carl for handing it to JJ. Not that he did anything wrong but it did give JJ a 2nd chance and the back door victory.
The way to win a race when you don't have the most dominant car is to be in position near the end that....IF...something goes wrong you can cash in at the end.

You are correct that JJ was given an opportunity and he was in a position to cash in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 08:30 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,191,877 times
That wasn't what gave JJ the race, it was the phantom caution when Edwards had things covered. It's too bad that was thrown for no particular reason. Yes it lead to an exciting finish but otherwise is kinda lame as Edward lamented afterwards. Speaking of, he's certainly matured since the fake punch days. Good to see. On his move, that was racing but really not good. Blocking still sucks. You get one move/one lane but he drove Logano to the wall, not cool.

Great to see JJ win. Amazing stuff. Guy's won almost half the years he's been in cup. Along with 80 races. Guy is great and doesn't really get that credit.

I think nascar blew it in having those waiting times to set up the podium. That took too long in both races.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:51 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,903,489 times
Congrats to Greg Biffel for finally quitting Roush Racing. The team will never get back to it's winning ways as long at Jack Roush is still in charge. He needs to step back and let the guys with todays knowledge run the team, It's not the 90's anymore.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:39 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,725,303 times
^And it sounds like they are going to shut down the 16 team. Good thing Ford picked up Stewart-Haas as Roush might not be around in a few years.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:21 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,331,274 times
Quote:
Congrats to Greg Biffel for finally quitting Roush Racing. The team will never get back to it's winning ways as long at Jack Roush is still in charge. He needs to step back and let the guys with todays knowledge run the team, It's not the 90's anymore.
Biffle quit? Haven't heard about that yet. Seems kind of recent he criticized Edwards for jumping ship when things went bad, how interesting.
I've said it before that I don't know how a team like Roush with all of it's resources has only 2(?) championships. Ironically enough, zero from the golden boy (Edwards).
*Edit: popped over to NASCAR's site and saw the video.*
It's too bad he has waited this long. His loyalty may have cost him any shot at a championship.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,191,877 times
Biffle might be lucky to even get a ride at this point. 47 isn't prime driving territory and years of riding around mid-pack won't help much.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:17 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,903,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Biffle might be lucky to even get a ride at this point. 47 isn't prime driving territory and years of riding around mid-pack won't help much.
I was told on this forum that the reason Roush wasn't winning was because of lousy drivers. That has been disproven with the success of Kenseth and Edwards now at Toyota.

I give Biffle credit for loyalty with Roush for so many years but as you pointed out his chance at age 47 of getting a good ride are long gone.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,725,303 times
I could see him going to Xfinity if nothing pans out in Cup.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:45 AM

12,577 posts, read 13,331,274 times
Quote:
I was told on this forum that the reason Roush wasn't winning was because of lousy drivers. That has been disproven with the success of Kenseth and Edwards now at Toyota.

I give Biffle credit for loyalty with Roush for so many years but as you pointed out his chance at age 47 of getting a good ride are long gone.
Especially when Kenseth rolled off 7(?) wins in his first season with JGR.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 26,432,747 times
i think biffle will end up with a ride, probably either at hendrick or rcr. he might also end up at a team like furniture row where they are wanting to expand operations, and need someone to help get the team going for the first few years, before being replaced by a younger driver.

for instance, since furniture row racing is aligned with jgr, and since suarez won the xfinity championship, and since there is no opening for suarez in cup right now, furniture row might set up a second team, good for them, put biffle in the car for a couple of seasons, then when jgr is ready, bring suarez up to cup in an established team that is aligned with jgr. a good situation for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or