U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 03:37 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,546,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
OK.. i will put the ALL STAR race on my radar. i know my son would love it.. He is a Jimmy Johnson fan and Jimmy owns that track. Heck i got 10 years before i retire and then i am getting an RV and hitting the NASCAR circuit.. at least for 1 year and we will see after that... counting the days!
If you've not been to Charlotte you must go! I've been to several tracks and Charlotte remains at the top of the list (so far).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 09:04 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times
So a question, how's parking and getting in and out of Daytona?

Old 01-24-2017, 09:24 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
So a question, how's parking and getting in and out of Daytona?
The Best thing about NASCAR Parking at any race.. ITS FREE!!!

There are several PAID parking spots next to the track.. but those are typically reserved for VIPs, Handicap, HIGH END Ticket buyers.. etc.. FREE Parking is NORTH of the track a couple miles (Front stretch) only . (LOT 7).. I think its lot 7. Its grass.. parking is easy... if you get there early.. no problem.. just catch one of the MANY Yellow School buses from the lot to the gate.. After the race can be a PIA.. thousands of folks waiting on buses..they do have dozens of buses running back for forth from the track to the LOT so it moves along ok.. if your exiting and heading NORTH, getting out is fairly easy but if your exiting and heading SOUTH or WEST.. not fun..

I prefer tracks that you can walk from the track to the parking lot but thats just not an option at Daytona.. those buses will SLOW down your exit from the race but it is what it is.. My advise is, if your in a hurry to get out.. don't palaver after the checker.. get gone. Otherwise, just hang out and watch the VICTORY LANE celebration because its gonna be a while!

Old 01-24-2017, 09:27 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,546,154 times
Quote:
The Best thing about NASCAR Parking at any race.. ITS FREE!!!

There are several PAID parking spots next to the track.. but those are typically reserved for VIPs, Handicap, HIGH END Ticket buyers.. etc.. FREE Parking is NORTH of the track a couple miles (Front stretch) only . (LOT 7).. I think its lot 7. Its grass.. parking is easy... if you get there early.. no problem.. just catch one of the MANY Yellow School buses from the lot to the gate.. After the race can be a PIA.. thousands of folks waiting on buses..they do have dozens of buses running back for forth from the track to the LOT so it moves along ok.. if your exiting and heading NORTH, getting out is fairly easy but if your exiting and heading SOUTH or WEST.. not fun..

I prefer tracks that you can walk from the track to the parking lot but thats just not an option at Daytona.. those buses will SLOW down your exit from the race but it is what it is.. My advise is, if your in a hurry to get out.. don't palaver after the checker.. get gone. Otherwise, just hang out and watch the VICTORY LANE celebration because its gonna be a while!
Or like we do at PIR find or make friends with someone who's camped out and go have a soda and some dinner while you wait for it to clear out.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or like we do at PIR find or make friends with someone who's camped out and go have a soda and some dinner while you wait for it to clear out.
Even better..

Soon enough, i will be one of those campers.. My son wants to camp in the infield but its not worth it for just the weekend. we would have to go for the week and he still in school.. but once he is out of school.. its on our list!

Old 01-24-2017, 10:37 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,874,703 times
Quote:
Even better..

Soon enough, i will be one of those campers.. My son wants to camp in the infield but its not worth it for just the weekend. we would have to go for the week and he still in school.. but once he is out of school.. its on our list!
Here is another bucket list race. The Daytona Rolex 24 hrs.

We did it three years ago, 4 nights in a motor home in the infield. Nothing like waking up at 3:am walking over to the infield stands and join in with a 1,000 other over served fans who can't get any sleep.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Here is another bucket list race. The Daytona Rolex 24 hrs.

We did it three years ago, 4 nights in a motor home in the infield. Nothing like waking up at 3:am walking over to the infield stands and join in with a 1,000 other over served fans who can't get any sleep.
Definitely sounds fun.. what are the cost of infield spots for the Rolex vs Speedweeks.. they want $4-$500 just for TENT spot during speedweeks..

Old 01-24-2017, 11:28 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,874,703 times
Quote:
Definitely sounds fun.. what are the cost of infield spots for the Rolex vs Speedweeks.. they want $4-$500 just for TENT spot during speedweeks..
I think we paid about $600 for 4 nights for a spot on Lake LLoyd for the camper, one car and two admission tickets. We had to buy two more tickets but that included pit admission.
Was definitely worth the expenses but four of us agreed that once is enough. Just like the Indy 500 trip.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:30 AM

The Indy 500 is on my list... not fond of the brickyard but the Indy cars.. now that would be fun. Probably my favorite race day of the year is the Indy 500 and Coke 600..

Old 01-25-2017, 08:31 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times
Cool! Thanks for the info. I need to go once for the experience and it's super close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or