Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 07:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,411,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Anybody else impressed with Chase Elliott?

He drove well in today's Chicago race and then a last minute caution caused him problems and he came in 3rd. When he was interviewed he gave a standup, no excuses account of what happened.

He seems to have skill, great equipment and a strong personality.

I might be developing into a fan. I thought his dad was a good driver and all, just was hard to understand.
Elliott has shown he belongs. Understanding his dad was easy compared to Ward Burton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 07:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have been a fan of chase elliot since he started in the jr series. he has great talent and skills. he along with guys like kyle larson are the future of the sport, and i can tell you the future in is good hands.
My son has been a fan since the jr series as well. Met and had a nice conversation with Chase in the garage a few years ago at PIR.
Good kid by all accounts, highly talented and will do the Elliot name proud I do believe.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
My son has been a fan since the jr series as well. Met and had a nice conversation with Chase in the garage a few years ago at PIR.
Good kid by all accounts, highly talented and will do the Elliot name proud I do believe.
in my opinion he has already done the elliot name proud, at this point he will only add to the legacy, unless he does something stupid, like win his first race, get drunk and kill himself showing off on a country road.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:52 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Elliott has shown he belongs. Understanding his dad was easy compared to Ward Burton.
I loved listening to Ward Burton.

I couldn't understand a word he said, but still enjoyed it.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Anybody else impressed with Chase Elliott?

He drove well in today's Chicago race and then a last minute caution caused him problems and he came in 3rd. When he was interviewed he gave a standup, no excuses account of what happened.

He seems to have skill, great equipment and a strong personality.

I might be developing into a fan. I thought his dad was a good driver and all, just was hard to understand.
I'm very impressed with his skills, but the way he handled himself at the end of the race was really something. Sure couldn't blame the kid for being a bit peeved for losing that race when it was all but his. But he rose above it and looked forward to the future. He certainly fits the HMS mold and his future is very bright.

At 20, he will certainly win multiple championships.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:34 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm very impressed with his skills, but the way he handled himself at the end of the race was really something. Sure couldn't blame the kid for being a bit peeved for losing that race when it was all but his. But he rose above it and looked forward to the future. He certainly fits the HMS mold and his future is very bright.

At 20, he will certainly win multiple championships.
Amazing how those young guys are moving up the ladder yet Danica Patrick seems to be stuck on rungs of the ladder in the 20's.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Amazing how those young guys are moving up the ladder yet Danica Patrick seems to be stuck on rungs of the ladder in the 20's.
as richard petty has said, dainca is a good driver, but she is not a good racer.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:57 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as richard petty has said, dainca is a good driver, but she is not a good racer.
You could say that for half the field!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:54 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Exactly, she's back there with a lot of guys she knows well, and dates. haha That group 'races' against each other every week.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:07 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Lets say that Truex goes on to win the championship.

Does the quasi-team like sharing from JGR stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing