Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 07:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

edwards is still my guy, dont care what brand car he drives to victory. in the end any of the four would make an excellent champion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 06:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
GO JIMMIE #48

Old 11-17-2016, 08:59 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
ABL.................anybody but Logano !

Old 11-17-2016, 10:12 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
One more ABL here.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:59 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I'm rooting for Logano, I prefer Edwards but it's that Toyoda thing.

I hate foreign cars in NASCAR.

I am sure Carl would rather be at Penske but no room at the inn.

For all you Logano haters you have to admit nobody does a better victory burnout.
I've never favored drivers based on burnouts .

Old 11-17-2016, 11:46 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I've never favored drivers based on burnouts .
Don't understand the hate for Logano, has he outperformed your favorite driver this year.

Can't stand cry baby drivers,

Gordon, Stewart, Kenseth, no matter how many races they have won.

At least this years champ won't be one of the crybabies.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:23 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Don't understand the hate for Logano, has he outperformed your favorite driver this year.

Can't stand cry baby drivers,

Gordon, Stewart, Kenseth, no matter how many races they have won.

At least this years champ won't be one of the crybabies.
Logano giggles too much.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:56 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Sad to read this announcement from Tommy Baldwin Racing... (even though their charter has been sold, I hate to see this guy leave the sport)

Hey Everyone…
It is with mixed emotions that I write this today, but I want to address all of you personally.
The season finale at Homestead will be the last race for Tommy Baldwin Racing full-time. We felt that it’s time for a new chapter in our lives and we have sold our charter to a great group of people who will continue to guide our vision.
For the past eight years we’ve shown up at every race, worked hard to compete at the top level and bring value to our sponsors. I feel confident that we are moving on having accomplished that. There have been many teams like ours that have come and gone. I’m proud that we have been able to sustain ourselves from the very beginning.
Over the years we have been fortunate enough to have a great group of people both in the shop and on the road. In this business, you are really defined by the people you employ and I’m grateful for everyone’s hard work.
Getting sponsors these days is a tough task. Keeping them is even tougher. But we have had so many great supporters of our program. Whether they were a primary, associate or just a one-race sponsor, they were all great to work with and I thank them for believing in us.
We’ve had some really great drivers in our cars over the years. Each of them drove hard every lap – no matter how the car was handling. They always gave 110% and that’s all you can really ask from a driver. We’re proud of the names that were on the roof of our Chevrolets.
If you’re reading this, you already know that NASCAR is the greatest sport in the world. I have been blessed to have a career in motorsports because of how NASCAR has grown over the years.
Teams don’t always agree with their stance on rule changes or penalties or just the way things are done. But I can tell you that they have gone out of their way to help our team. They’ve brought us opportunities and have always made themselves available to meet with prospective sponsors if we needed them to. It’s been a privilege for me to say that I’m a NASCAR team owner.
Finally, there are you guys.
We can’t begin to tell you how much your support of our team has meant to us. You’re not just fans -- you’re friends and family to us.
When we have good days, you cheer us on. When we’ve had rough days, you give us encouragement. You have supported our drivers and our sponsors with so much enthusiasm. I promise you that it never went unnoticed.
So what’s next?
Well, we’re not 100% sure. We are going to work hard to get the best possible results in Miami, take a little family time and then figure out the rest. So, stay tuned – announcements will be forthcoming.
Thanks again for everything,
TB

Old 11-18-2016, 06:53 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Sad to read this announcement from Tommy Baldwin Racing... (even though their charter has been sold, I hate to see this guy leave the sport)

Hey Everyone…
It is with mixed emotions that I write this today, but I want to address all of you personally.
The season finale at Homestead will be the last race for Tommy Baldwin Racing full-time. We felt that it’s time for a new chapter in our lives and we have sold our charter to a great group of people who will continue to guide our vision.
For the past eight years we’ve shown up at every race, worked hard to compete at the top level and bring value to our sponsors. I feel confident that we are moving on having accomplished that. There have been many teams like ours that have come and gone. I’m proud that we have been able to sustain ourselves from the very beginning.
Over the years we have been fortunate enough to have a great group of people both in the shop and on the road. In this business, you are really defined by the people you employ and I’m grateful for everyone’s hard work.
Getting sponsors these days is a tough task. Keeping them is even tougher. But we have had so many great supporters of our program. Whether they were a primary, associate or just a one-race sponsor, they were all great to work with and I thank them for believing in us.
We’ve had some really great drivers in our cars over the years. Each of them drove hard every lap – no matter how the car was handling. They always gave 110% and that’s all you can really ask from a driver. We’re proud of the names that were on the roof of our Chevrolets.
If you’re reading this, you already know that NASCAR is the greatest sport in the world. I have been blessed to have a career in motorsports because of how NASCAR has grown over the years.
Teams don’t always agree with their stance on rule changes or penalties or just the way things are done. But I can tell you that they have gone out of their way to help our team. They’ve brought us opportunities and have always made themselves available to meet with prospective sponsors if we needed them to. It’s been a privilege for me to say that I’m a NASCAR team owner.
Finally, there are you guys.
We can’t begin to tell you how much your support of our team has meant to us. You’re not just fans -- you’re friends and family to us.
When we have good days, you cheer us on. When we’ve had rough days, you give us encouragement. You have supported our drivers and our sponsors with so much enthusiasm. I promise you that it never went unnoticed.
So what’s next?
Well, we’re not 100% sure. We are going to work hard to get the best possible results in Miami, take a little family time and then figure out the rest. So, stay tuned – announcements will be forthcoming.
Thanks again for everything,
TB
I know this could never happen but NASCAR needs spending limits like the stick and ball sports to keep the small teams competitive.

I took a ride to visit Penske Racing on Tue and when I entered the parking lot I had to park in the very rear of the visitors parking lot.
I expected the place to be packed with visitors but there was only two other visitors. I asked the receptionist why the parking lot was so full. She said we have 450 employees.

This is why the small teams can't compete any longer.

The good ole' days are gone and never coming back.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:49 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
^^agreed.

And Logano whines all the time! As does Kyle, and Edwards - heck they all are crybabies so that's no factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing