U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2016, 11:43 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886

Advertisements

Just watched the live interview with the Wood Bros. at Daytona. They are very gracious about them not getting a Charter but you can tell they are hurting inside.
I can't believe all the long time owners did not come to their side and insist they they be included.

One of the reporters asked how they felt being left out and Kaufman getting two. You know they were thinking about that be they brushed that aside and accused the reporter of not knowing much about racing.

The Wood bros not getting a Charter is a sham perpetrated by the sleaze ball Kaufman. I hope he chokes on the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2016, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
5,066 posts, read 2,183,857 times
Reputation: 4514
It really makes no sense. Even given money and what that buys, it makes no sense to leave out the Woods. It goes against everything nascar 'claims' to value - tradition, family, etc. We all know that's a load of horse manure and that it's about money but if nascar says it they should do it now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 11:35 AM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Just watched the live interview with the Wood Bros. at Daytona. They are very gracious about them not getting a Charter but you can tell they are hurting inside.
I can't believe all the long time owners did not come to their side and insist they they be included.

One of the reporters asked how they felt being left out and Kaufman getting two. You know they were thinking about that be they brushed that aside and accused the reporter of not knowing much about racing.

The Wood bros not getting a Charter is a sham perpetrated by the sleaze ball Kaufman. I hope he chokes on the money.
The Wood Bros are a back marker team that haven't been competitive since Dale Jarrett drove and probably haven't run a full schedule for at least a decade. And you want NASCAR to hand them a charter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 11:38 AM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I think this charter system is a shame to NASCAR fans. It's all about the money. Now 36 teams, if you buy or lease a charter, are guaranteed a spot in every race. Even if you qualify poorly. Small teams will struggle for those remaining four spots.

Racing?? Nahhhh....SHOW ME THE MONEY...that's NASCAR now.
Small teams struggling is kind of the way it's always been in the modern era, now it's just official.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 01:45 PM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The Wood Bros are a back marker team that haven't been competitive since Dale Jarrett drove and probably haven't run a full schedule for at least a decade. And you want NASCAR to hand them a charter?
Five Daytona 500 wins, 98 wins total, not bad for a back marker team.

You really got to be a hater to dis the Wood Bros.

Yes they deserve a Charter ahead of Kaufman. How many years has he been in NASCAR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2016, 05:23 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Five Daytona 500 wins, 98 wins total, not bad for a back marker team.

You really got to be a hater to dis the Wood Bros.

Yes they deserve a Charter ahead of Kaufman. How many years has he been in NASCAR?
Not a hater, just practical. If they were still competitive and not a field filler I would agree, but they haven't run a full schedule in years much less be competitive.
Kaufman's problems are not Kaufman's problems, if not for MW's antics he wouldn't be selling the charter. Hell, because of MW's antics he deserves some restitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 PM
 
9,423 posts, read 7,071,740 times
Reputation: 12184
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not a hater, just practical. If they were still competitive and not a field filler I would agree, but they haven't run a full schedule in years much less be competitive.
Kaufman's problems are not Kaufman's problems, if not for MW's antics he wouldn't be selling the charter. Hell, because of MW's antics he deserves some restitution.
They've won more races since 2011 than some teams who got a charter.

Saw that they pulled out of the Race Team Alliance.. Which.. Makes me wonder.. They still seem to have a strong alliance with Penske, tho.

I'd say they're just as competitive right now as Roush and Childress. Both teams that are going through rebuilding processes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2016, 05:31 AM
PDD PDD started this thread
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They've won more races since 2011 than some teams who got a charter.

Saw that they pulled out of the Race Team Alliance.. Which.. Makes me wonder.. They still seem to have a strong alliance with Penske, tho.

I'd say they're just as competitive right now as Roush and Childress. Both teams that are going through rebuilding processes.
Nothing would be better then them pulling off another win next week. Qualifying in the top 12 proves they are not back makers.

I like Mcmurray and Larson but where did Kaufmans "New" team qualify?

I agree with them pulling out of the Alliance since they were excluded anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2016, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Hickory, NC
1,141 posts, read 1,012,070 times
Reputation: 1568
One car Wood Bros team w/ a rookie driver > Ganassi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2016, 10:22 PM
 
890 posts, read 1,531,395 times
Reputation: 953
Another top 10 today. Good for them. I have been a fan of the Blaney family for 30+ years, glad to see them off to a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top