Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:27 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,759 times

Advertisements

Okay race fans. The Daytona 500 is today! What are your predictions for this year?
Do you like the new Car of Tomorrow?

I am still not sure on the new car.

I think the Daytona 500 will be a good race. I am rooting for Dale Jr. I would like to see him win. Not because He is my favorite, but I would like to see him succeed after the treatment he got from his step-mother.
My favorite drivers are Mark Martin, Michael Waltrip, Greg Biffle and Kyle Busch.

Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart are going to be ones to watch out for. I don't care for them that much but they are great drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 AM

50 posts, read 45,032 times
I cant wait! i love nascar and im glad Jr has a new team and hopefully a hell of alot better car this year go jr!

Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 PM

It would be nice to see Jr. win if just to be able to snub his nose at his step-mom!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:08 AM

It's off to California this Sunday.
Do you think Matt Kenseth can make it 3 in a row?

Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Cali. is such a snoozer of a racetrack, as are most cookie cutter tracks. NASCAR needs to give Darlington its race day back, and possibly North Wilksboro. I know this will never happen, but one can dream right? GO GIBBS!!!! 20 11 18

Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Cali. is such a snoozer of a racetrack, as are most cookie cutter tracks. NASCAR needs to give Darlington its race day back, and possibly North Wilksboro. I know this will never happen, but one can dream right? GO GIBBS!!!! 20 11 18
how about building another Bristol or Talledega if you are gonna have cookie cutter tracks? I'm with you on Darlington and North Wilkesboro.

I pick Jeff Gordon to win it all.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Does anybody else cring when DW says Boogity Boogity Boogity? I usually mute the TV for a second, I like DW but man I wish he would stop that.
I stayed up waiting for the race to continue Sunday night, well I tried to stay up I woke up at 11:30 and realized it wasn't happening.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:08 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Does anybody else cring when DW says Boogity Boogity Boogity? I usually mute the TV for a second, I like DW but man I wish he would stop that.
I stayed up waiting for the race to continue Sunday night, well I tried to stay up I woke up at 11:30 and realized it wasn't happening.
The Boogity thing doesn't really bother me, but I don't watch that many NASCAR races, either. I did try to watch the race Sunday, but shut it off much earlier than you did (after the Simpsons came on). I caught the tail end of the Cup race on Monday, but forgot to tune in the (ahem) Nationwide race later in the day.

I wish NASCAR hadn't changed the names of all the series. What's up with that? I finally got used to the NEXTEL Cup instead of the Winston Cup, and now they change it to the Sprint Cup. Makes me think of racing Sprint Cars. Couldn't they at least come up with something better if they're going to change the name? What was wrong the the Busch Series? Why did they have to change the name of that, too. And the Grand National Division? Now that's the Camping World series. I even had difficulty finding any info about it on their website. It seems they've just messed everything up, starting with the elimination of the Elite Series two years ago.

At least the SRL is going to have a Southwest Tour now. I'm looking forward to that! Kern County is also going to have a new track sometime this year! I'm looking forward to that, too! I am excited to see what the new track and the SRL will do for the local racing scene in Kern County.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:29 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post

I wish NASCAR hadn't changed the names of all the series. What's up with that? I finally got used to the NEXTEL Cup instead of the Winston Cup, and now they change it to the Sprint Cup. Makes me think of racing Sprint Cars. Couldn't they at least come up with something better if they're going to change the name? What was wrong the the Busch Series? Why did they have to change the name of that, too. And the Grand National Division? Now that's the Camping World series.
The racing series name goes to the highest bidder. Anheuser-Busch was no longer interested in sponsoring the series, so Nationwide Insurance stepped in.

The change from Nextel to Sprint, was a marketing decision due to the merger of the two wireless providers.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 AM

I agree with the name changes. It gets old after awhile.
What about all the fines going out. Robby Gordon got his points back on appeal but the fine was upped to $150,000. !!!!! Now Carl Edwards has lost 100 points and his crew chief was fined $100,000 because the cover was off the oil tank. Was this a fluke or are all these teams really trying to cheat?
What's your opinions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing