Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 06:02 PM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Shame what was done to Jayski
I agree. I've been reading it since 1996.. It's always had the low-tech feel to it, which was great.

I actually expected something like this back when ESPN bought it in '06 or so. I've also kinda expected that Jay would be shown the door, which will totally kill it.

Oh, and FedEx renews with Gibbs.. I'm actually a little surprised at that.. With UPS gone, I thought they would, at least, scale back. Hamlin renews. Arris renewed a few weeks ago, which, again surprises me.

No word I can find on terms, but it's normally 3 year deals for sponsor and driver with Gibbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:45 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Never read Jayski, what happened? I was surprised the dual's were at night. Doesn't make much sense.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:57 AM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Never read Jayski, what happened? I was surprised the dual's were at night. Doesn't make much sense.
It was a homegrown site back in 1996 when it started.. In 2004 or so, it started being hosted by ESPN, and then a year later was bought outright by ESPN, but Jay stayed as the editor.

No real changes to it in all those years.. A pretty basic blog type site with good updates. They didn't write any stories, but linked to a ton of stories out on the web.

They just changed the entire format to more match ESPN's main site. Jay is apparently still the editor of the site and may have gotten some extra staff.

But I see no aggregation of links from other news sites anymore.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:16 PM

956 posts, read 744,758 times
Noticed the Monster Energy Cup girls are a whole lot more undressed then the previous Cup girls have been.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:27 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Check this one out. About as close as we will get. The C-D software simplifies the location but it is where stories are listed.

NASCAR Article Links

Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
I agree. I've been reading it since 1996.. It's always had the low-tech feel to it, which was great.

I actually expected something like this back when ESPN bought it in '06 or so. I've also kinda expected that Jay would be shown the door, which will totally kill it.

Oh, and FedEx renews with Gibbs.. I'm actually a little surprised at that.. With UPS gone, I thought they would, at least, scale back. Hamlin renews. Arris renewed a few weeks ago, which, again surprises me.

No word I can find on terms, but it's normally 3 year deals for sponsor and driver with Gibbs.
Fed Ex is not competing with UPS on the track, Fed Ex like all the other sponsors are after exposure.
I expect to a cell carrier resurgence.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:38 AM

5,189 posts, read 6,139,618 times
It is going to be interesting to see how these segments play out.

Lots of discussion on pittting before a segment and how a lot of this years racing is going to be strategizing much like a chess game for the team leaders.

Not quite sure how this will play out as far as keeping the fans interested but will give it a chance.

It seems NASCAR is losing its way which is the horse we have beat to death

Not much talk at work like there was in the nineties about NASCAR each Monday morning. We had some real rivalries going on back then.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
It was a homegrown site back in 1996 when it started.. In 2004 or so, it started being hosted by ESPN, and then a year later was bought outright by ESPN, but Jay stayed as the editor.

No real changes to it in all those years.. A pretty basic blog type site with good updates. They didn't write any stories, but linked to a ton of stories out on the web.

They just changed the entire format to more match ESPN's main site. Jay is apparently still the editor of the site and may have gotten some extra staff.

Ah k, I see. That's too bad as ESPN's site is awful. Poorly done format and terrible writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Noticed the Monster Energy Cup girls are a whole lot more undressed then the previous Cup girls have been.
Yeah, they definitely look like strippers up there, compared to the fire-suit wearing cup girls. Neither needs to be there as it's not 1950 anymore but these new ones look very out-of-place. Bad idea all around there.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:54 AM

935 posts, read 1,649,207 times
well, they wanted to take it mainstream the last generation, Kaz is definitely not the good ole boy type, winner of the truck race.

Last edited by burr; 02-25-2017 at 11:08 AM..

Old 02-25-2017, 01:55 PM

3 laps...commercial! This is what makes watching these races so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing