U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 09:02 PM

9,433 posts, read 7,112,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Haas was on the hood and Monster was the associate. However, with today's crashfest conspiracy theories pretty much went out the window.
On a side note the race and finish were interesting. This segment stuff may work but, a more finite strategic pattern will take about 6-10 races to form and provide a objective picture, IMO.
The facts never get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

I agree with the stategy thought tho.. Daytona is.. Daytona. You can't take what happens there and apply it anywhere else.. Not even Daytona in July.

Pocono will be veeeery interesting, I think.. It's one of the few tracks that you can pit and not lose a lap. Road Courses I think it's going to hurt because it's probably going to force everyone to the same strategy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 09:50 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The facts never get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

I agree with the stategy thought tho.. Daytona is.. Daytona. You can't take what happens there and apply it anywhere else.. Not even Daytona in July.

Pocono will be veeeery interesting, I think.. It's one of the few tracks that you can pit and not lose a lap. Road Courses I think it's going to hurt because it's probably going to force everyone to the same strategy.
The big story was the return of Jr. Him winning would have fueled the conspiracy theorists.
The 5 min crash repair rule is going to prove interesting also.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:08 PM

890 posts, read 1,534,680 times
Ryan Blaney about came from nowhere (relatively speaking) to pull it off. I thought he was done after the incident, great work by driver and crew.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:51 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,188,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Shocker.. Jamie McMurray caused a wreck today.

I was actually glad to hear Jeff Gordon, at least attempt to call him out on it.

I've been talking about him for years. He's too reckless on plate tracks.

And I'm disappointed.. No conspiracy theories running wild on here yet of how the Monster Energy sponsored car won the first Monster Energy Series race..
haha it was first thing I thought watching victory lane! It's rigged! lol

Gordon was in a no win situation with McMurray but it was good he said something. Way too early to be making those moves and it cost a lot guys a chance at wrecking later on.... =p

Another messy race. At least the clean-up was faster. It was good to see Busch win. Looks like he's finally grown up some. Disappointing that Chase Elliott couldn't be a professional and face the press afterwards. Not a good look at all. His dad should have pushed him out the car and told him to take care of his responsibilities.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:11 AM

32,503 posts, read 26,389,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
haha it was first thing I thought watching victory lane! It's rigged! lol

Gordon was in a no win situation with McMurray but it was good he said something. Way too early to be making those moves and it cost a lot guys a chance at wrecking later on.... =p

Another messy race. At least the clean-up was faster. It was good to see Busch win. Looks like he's finally grown up some. Disappointing that Chase Elliott couldn't be a professional and face the press afterwards. Not a good look at all. His dad should have pushed him out the car and told him to take care of his responsibilities.
except that bill elliot didnt like facing the press either, and many times didnt. for instance in 1985 when elliot and waltrip were one and two in the championship standings, the elliots team prevented the press from interrupting them in the garage area, but waltrip, in the garage right next to them, opened up their garage area to the press, in fact they put out a sign that said the press was welcome.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Only the top 5 are required to be available. So, he had no responsibility to talk.

After the ending.. Yeah, I get what you're saying that they wanted to talk to him, but.. He was under no obligation to do so.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:16 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
Quote:
His dad should have pushed him out the car and told him to take care of his responsibilities.
Guess you didn't see Bill sitting on top of a tool box alone during the race, or whatever it was he was sitting on, he was high enough nobody could get to him.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:58 PM

Something I hadn't thought of until today.. Turned my NASCAR calendar over to today when I got into work and the "Fact of the Day" is about the Championship Trophy.

Figure they're going to redesign it again for Monster?

Got to admit.. The current trophy, while nice.. Can't hold a candle to the massive trophies when Winston was the sponsor.

You know, the old ones that you always thought someone was eventually going to drop and shatter into 30 pieces?

Old 02-27-2017, 05:48 PM

445 posts, read 681,459 times
I think Mr. Mayhem from the Allstate commercial was driving in all 3 races this weekend.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:39 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,188,974 times
^^hahaha indeed.

I know Chase didn't have to speak afterwards but it's small thing and necessary in modern nascar. You have to be professional and be seen on TV. Show you can take disappointment and pimp the sponsors. They pay your bills. Wild Bill drove in a different time. He could get away with that, today you cannot.

Those old trophy's were basically made at the local shop along with running trophy's. lol Super cheesy but did have a look about them. Today they are probably over-engineered, just like the cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing