U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 05:04 PM

2,974 posts, read 3,956,584 times

Advertisements

Stands looked spotty but with those temperatures even though it is a dry heat it has gotta be hot.

Does anyone think Bucsh should have stayed out? I mean it is easy to second guess but with that few laps left and the way he pulled ahead before Logano's wreck, I would have risked staying out.........it was kind of a no brainer that the caution was going to leave single digit laps to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,528,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Stands looked spotty but with those temperatures even though it is a dry heat it has gotta be hot.

Does anyone think Bucsh should have stayed out? I mean it is easy to second guess but with that few laps left and the way he pulled ahead before Logano's wreck, I would have risked staying out.........it was kind of a no brainer that the caution was going to leave single digit laps to go.
Yep, they did look spotty. I was surprised as I'd heard it was sold out. Turns out mostly because those people were under the stands hiding in the shade.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,184,300 times
Or does the track buy up tickets and call it a sell-out? That was a lot of empty seats. Anyway, I think I would have stayed out. Such a short run. But whatever Busch did someone will do the opposite and probably leave him hanging out.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Or does the track buy up tickets and call it a sell-out? That was a lot of empty seats. Anyway, I think I would have stayed out. Such a short run. But whatever Busch did someone will do the opposite and probably leave him hanging out.
Could be. I know when I left about the end of the second phase to walk out to my vehicle to get some more water bottles there was a steady line of people leaving not to mention under the stands. I think the heat was just too much for some along with the race being a bit dull. Wasn't worth getting fried I guess...

Old 03-21-2017, 04:21 PM

6,554 posts, read 10,261,428 times
NASCAR's yet to get a sustained bump from any of the off-season changes.

Ratings for Phoenix were the worst ever for the spring race at the track and the 4th worst of any race ever broadcast by FOX.

The patient is still bleeding.

NASCAR on FOX Nears Low at Phoenix — Sports Media Watch

Old 03-21-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
NASCAR's yet to get a sustained bump from any of the off-season changes.

Ratings for Phoenix were the worst ever for the spring race at the track and the 4th worst of any race ever broadcast by FOX.

The patient is still bleeding.

NASCAR on FOX Nears Low at Phoenix — Sports Media Watch
I can tell you that Phoenix isn't as fun as it used to be back when Lowes/Cobalt was the sponsor. There's little to do on the midway, few giveaways,few activities and just not "fun". The race? Well, until the remodel is done or almost done I don't know that I'll go back as sitting in the Foyt or Bryan stands is HORRIBLE to say the least. Glad to see 'em go, can't wait!
My fear is they are going to raise the prices a bunch for little to no actual gain other than seats with cupholders.
Monster has brought nothing entertaining to the race so far other than a bunch of scantily clad women walking around with umbrellas (at least at Phoenix).

When we used to go the Charlotte track there was a huge midway, there were games,giveaways,appearances and an all around fun time to draw in the public and give them something to do for hours before the races.
I also think selling their soul to "Fanatics" and putting everything in a stupid overcrowded tent was a DUMB move.
Bring back the haulers, create an engaging atmosphere almost like a fair type event instead of one that's just looking to pick the pockets of those that attend.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:46 PM

2,837 posts, read 1,923,235 times
jimj: "I also think selling their soul to "Fanatics" and putting everything in a stupid overcrowded tent was a DUMB move.

Bring back the haulers, create an engaging atmosphere almost like a fair type event instead of one that's just looking to pick the pockets of those that attend."

+1

Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,574,161 times
Also happy to see Rocket Newman and RCR back in Victory Lane.

The most exciting driver right now is Kyle Larson. Hopefully he will get his first win soon.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:08 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,184,300 times
I'm coming around to really like Larson. Hopefully he can start closing the deal on these races.

From what y'all are saying, sounds like nascar/tracks got greedy and cheap. That's too bad. The event should include more than just the race since it takes so long.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:47 PM

32,439 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Also happy to see Rocket Newman and RCR back in Victory Lane.

The most exciting driver right now is Kyle Larson. Hopefully he will get his first win soon.
larson already HAS his first win, at the 2016 pure michgan 400;

Quote:
At the 2016 Pure Michigan 400, Larson led the closing stages of the race and slipped in the standings after a pit stop with less than 30 laps to go. Larson charged from 4th place on a restart to second. It looked like Larson was set to finish second behind rookie Chase Elliott. After a caution with 10 laps left erased Elliott's 4-second lead, Larson got by Elliott on the restart and won his first Sprint Cup series victory, again celebrating with the steering wheel off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_L...rgy_Cup_Series
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing