U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 11:01 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times

Advertisements

Well, I do enjoy Monster Energy Drinks but worry about drinking too many. I might have one once or twice a month. I remember a few years back, a buddy of mine WON A CASE of these things and he didn't like 'em so he gave 'em to me... my son liked a bit too much for me to buy them more than occasionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 02:49 PM

2,837 posts, read 1,926,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, I do enjoy Monster Energy Drinks but worry about drinking too many. I might have one once or twice a month. I remember a few years back, a buddy of mine WON A CASE of these things and he didn't like 'em so he gave 'em to me... my son liked a bit too much for me to buy them more than occasionally.
I honestly do not know anything about them. I had to go to Wikipedia to read about Monster Energy Drinks.

Essentially a high caffeine drink?

Thanks

Last edited by the searchers; 12-23-2016 at 03:10 PM..

Old 12-25-2016, 07:40 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,231,296 times
So Greg Biffle reported that he is pondering several good offers to drive next season. http://beyondtheflag.com/2016/12/12/...-says-options/

Any idea what they are?

It's getting kind of late to be hooking up with a new (and especially competitive) new team.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:37 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,871,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
So Greg Biffle reported that he is pondering several good offers to drive next season. NASCAR: Greg Biffle Says He Has Options For 2017

Any idea what they are?

It's getting kind of late to be hooking up with a new (and especially competitive) new team.
Too late for Biffle he should have left Roush a few years ago.
He should look at IMSA road racing if he want to extend his career. Not as glamorous as NASCAR but still a paycheck and competitive racing.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:07 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,934 times
There are a lot of back markers he could replace and do a bit better than them but a good ride isn't happening. I can't think of any that are out there and available, especially considering his age and lack of recent success.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:49 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,231,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Too late for Biffle he should have left Roush a few years ago.
He should look at IMSA road racing if he want to extend his career. Not as glamorous as NASCAR but still a paycheck and competitive racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
There are a lot of back markers he could replace and do a bit better than them but a good ride isn't happening. I can't think of any that are out there and available, especially considering his age and lack of recent success.
That's what I was thinking. The competitive rides are spoken for going into next season.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:39 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,871,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I disagree with that because nobody gets a Cup ride unless they are winning drivers in some other series.

Jrs replacement driver ,Alex Bowman was a back marker before Jr gave him a shot.

While certainly some drivers are much better than others the same holds true for the cars. No amount of driving talent can make a winner out of a back marker car.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,090,419 times
BK Racing and Premier Motorsports are about the only teams with slots open at all.

Unless he's going to drop back to Xfinity/Trucks.. Some good rides open there.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:46 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
BK Racing and Premier Motorsports are about the only teams with slots open at all.

Unless he's going to drop back to Xfinity/Trucks.. Some good rides open there.
I was thinking Xfinity...
Elliott Sadler has done well there...

Old 12-27-2016, 07:50 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I disagree with that because nobody gets a Cup ride unless they are winning drivers in some other series.

Jrs replacement driver ,Alex Bowman was a back marker before Jr gave him a shot.

While certainly some drivers are much better than others the same holds true for the cars. No amount of driving talent can make a winner out of a back marker car.
Certainly a good car and team is part but there are a lot of lackluster drivers in the back of the pack. Not all are good up-and-comers like Bowman. All things equal I think Biffle would do better.

I don't see him dropping down to a lower series but you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing