U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2017, 04:53 PM

32,069 posts, read 13,102,527 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping Chase!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 07:29 AM

668 posts, read 468,049 times
I think NASCAR is trying to get a new audience but first they have to find a way to get rid of all the drivers over 30. Kind of like what Nashville did to country music. Get rid of the older established stars for the boy bands. Good luck because I quit listening to tractor rap, I can quit NASCAR.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:55 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,569,281 times
And as usual poor wittle baby Kyle was just too,too upset to give interviews and of course blames his lack of a win on someone else, never EVER his fault or just racing...

Old 08-07-2017, 10:22 AM

9,433 posts, read 7,112,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
I think NASCAR is trying to get a new audience but first they have to find a way to get rid of all the drivers over 30. Kind of like what Nashville did to country music. Get rid of the older established stars for the boy bands. Good luck because I quit listening to tractor rap, I can quit NASCAR.
It's just that the mid-to-late 90's drivers are all approaching retirement time.

I think it's a little more obvious than before that time, because there are so many more good cars now than then.

Kenseth and Earnhardt both ran their rookie year in 2000.. Earnhardt is retiring.. He said something Saturday or Sunday that was quite apt.

Ah.. Here it is.. from Bob Pockrass' tweet..

Quote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr. sees a shift of owners replacing veterans with young drivers as part of the financial dynamic in NASCAR. Earnhardt: "You've got a lot of young guys coming in being offered and accepting contracts that are a fifth to a tenth of what veterans are getting paid. You can't pay a driver $5-to-$8 million a year if you ain't got but $10 million worth of sponsorship. You can't. That ain't gonna work. Guys aren't getting $20-30-40 million a year in sponsorship. Owners aren't getting that anymore. Drivers are having to sort of understand that change is coming."

Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,160,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And as usual poor wittle baby Kyle was just too,too upset to give interviews and of course blames his lack of a win on someone else, never EVER his fault or just racing...
Go Shrub!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:47 AM

3,042 posts, read 2,205,800 times
William Byron gets the 5 ride.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM

9,433 posts, read 7,112,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
I should mention our discussion.. Maybe back in the '16 topic, or it could be this one.. There's going to be a massive shift in the ownership landscape in the next 10 years or so as well..

Roush, Childress, Penske, Gibbs and Hendrick and a few other owners are all getting up there in age. Gibbs will no doubt stay in the family, i'm assuming with Coy taking over based on JD's problems. Childress will stay in the family as well, I'm sure. I have no idea what happens with Roush or Penske if Jack or Roger were to die tomorrow.

I think in 10 years, NASCAR may be totally unrecognizable.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,188,974 times
Yeah totally different. When the 90/00's drivers retire it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'd guess that Roush, Penske, and Ganassi would all just leave the sport at some point. They've all had bigger fish to fry and when the money dries up so will they.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:20 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,723,082 times
The new Camaro looks much better than I was expecting. Hopefully Ford follows with the Mustang and Toyota with the Supra.

Chevrolet's New NASCAR Race Car Will Look Like a Camaro ZL1 - Motor Trend

Old 08-11-2017, 08:02 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,188,974 times
Oh wow, that's a nice looking car.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. says Kevin Harvick comments were 'hurtful'

Was really surprised Harvick went after Jr like this. I think he's completely wrong, if anything Jr has help keep the sport from dying faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing