U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-27-2017, 02:13 PM
 
9,426 posts, read 7,105,331 times
Reputation: 12202

Advertisements

Hopefully they get a better sponsor than Bill Lester had.. I mean, from a perception standpoint.. While I'm sure Waste Management is a fine sponsor, and any sponsor is better than no sponsor.. there's probably only one that he could have gotten that would have been worse than that..

I'll let you all guess as to what that sponsor might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2017, 06:48 PM
 
32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
Reputation: 19140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
They might bring back "Trump Drafting . . ."
bad joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Hickory, NC
1,141 posts, read 1,014,931 times
Reputation: 1568
The fact that a talented & likable black driver like Wallace paired with Richard Petty can't seem to secure sponsorship is all you need to know about the state of affairs in NA$CAR. If this were 1999, corporations would be throwing wads of cash to get their name on this car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 02:05 PM
 
32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
Reputation: 19140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The fact that a talented & likable black driver like Wallace paired with Richard Petty can't seem to secure sponsorship is all you need to know about the state of affairs in NA$CAR. If this were 1999, corporations would be throwing wads of cash to get their name on this car.
i disagree, i think it shows more the state of the economy right now than it does the state of nascar. pretty much all of the teams are having a time getting sponsors. in fact a number of teams that run up front are having three or four primary sponsors through the season. the sponsorship dollars are there, but you have to make deals with a number of sponsors because advertising dollars are being squeezed by all companies across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Raleigh
8,047 posts, read 5,903,506 times
Reputation: 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The fact that a talented & likable black driver like Wallace paired with Richard Petty can't seem to secure sponsorship is all you need to know about the state of affairs in NA$CAR. If this were 1999, corporations would be throwing wads of cash to get their name on this car.
Willy T. Ribbs couldn't get a real ride back then. Too bad Oprah isn't a race fan, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 04:11 PM
 
32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
Reputation: 19140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Willy T. Ribbs couldn't get a real ride back then. Too bad Oprah isn't a race fan, eh?
but it wasnt for a lack of talent, or a lack of people offering him a ride;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_T._Ribbs

his biggest problem was his temper and his big mouth. willy t had several good rides, including ones owned by bill cosby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 04:50 PM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,557,179 times
Reputation: 15493
Hamlin is a freaking PRIC# that needs to be hammered for that bulls#it racing. What a complete dirtbag asshat dirtbag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 05:40 PM
 
32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
Reputation: 19140
hamlin was trying to win a race, perhaps trying a bit too hard, but he still got bit on the backside a lap later when he got turned around.

this was just a racing accident, nothing more nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Raleigh
8,047 posts, read 5,903,506 times
Reputation: 9785
"If you ain't bumpin' you ain't racin' "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 06:05 PM
 
32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
Reputation: 19140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
"If you ain't bumpin' you ain't racin' "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEPwDIGWYug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top