U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,314,882 times

Advertisements

against Nature's Bakery.
Explains why she was wearing the Tax Act on her driving suit....

Stewart-Haas files breach of contract suit vs. Danica Patrick's sponsor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 10:51 AM

32,474 posts, read 26,356,312 times
tax act is a co-sponsor on patricks car. in fat they have contracted for five races according to the article.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:19 PM

229 posts, read 231,243 times
Copy and paste from the article:

"SHR’s $31 million suit claims Nature’s Bakery asked to rework the payment schedule for the sponsorship and said that Patrick wasn’t being a good enough brand ambassador for the company."

In other words, we paid you millions to have the car be competitive and get our brand some exposure. We did not pay you millions to see the car crash or run mid to the back of the grid every weekend.

Patrick is by far the most over hyped driver in motorsports history. She has always had the best equipment and the best sponsors. Yet, she has never produced results.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:26 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperparatus! View Post
Copy and paste from the article:

"SHR’s $31 million suit claims Nature’s Bakery asked to rework the payment schedule for the sponsorship and said that Patrick wasn’t being a good enough brand ambassador for the company."

In other words, we paid you millions to have the car be competitive and get our brand some exposure. We did not pay you millions to see the car crash or run mid to the back of the grid every weekend.

Patrick is by far the most over hyped driver in motorsports history. She has always had the best equipment and the best sponsors. Yet, she has never produced results.
Danica should take here sponsors and move over the NHRA top fuel. A couple of driving lessons and she would be a champion.

Sorry drag race fans but the driving skills are much lower in NHRA than NASCAR

Old 02-04-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Danica should take here sponsors and move over the NHRA top fuel. A couple of driving lessons and she would be a champion.

Sorry drag race fans but the driving skills are much lower in NHRA than NASCAR
have you ever driven anything faster that 9 seconds ina 1/4 mile?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:43 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
have you ever driven anything faster that 9 seconds ina 1/4 mile?
No I have not but that has nothing to do with which requires more skill. I have not driven a Cup car in competition either. Former Cup cars don't count.

You don't even have an argument

Old 02-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
No I have not but that has nothing to do with which requires more skill. I have not driven a Cup car in competition either. Former Cup cars don't count.

You don't even have an argument
so oyu have never experienced tire shake, having to pedal the car to keep traction, never had to try and deal with a blow over, etc.? drag racing in the higher classes is much more than just stab and steer, and pull the chute. i used to think like you did before i went drag racing in the late 70s.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:45 PM

6,563 posts, read 10,280,522 times
I understand why SHR felt they had to sue for breach of contract, but honestly this will only make it harder for Danica to get a major sponsorship deal.

I think the novelty of her career has just about worn off. There were some who thought she'd light up the NASCAR world, but she's barely in the hunt for Top 10s let alone wins. She's just talented enough to not make a fool of herself on the track, but she still can't drive an ill-handling car to save her life.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I understand why SHR felt they had to sue for breach of contract, but honestly this will only make it harder for Danica to get a major sponsorship deal.

I think the novelty of her career has just about worn off. There were some who thought she'd light up the NASCAR world, but she's barely in the hunt for Top 10s let alone wins. She's just talented enough to not make a fool of herself on the track, but she still can't drive an ill-handling car to save her life.
I don't see how suing for breach of contract would make it harder for Danica to get sponsorship. Are you implying just letting it go would be better?
Few drivers can drive an ill handling car, that's why they will pit early.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so oyu have never experienced tire shake, having to pedal the car to keep traction, never had to try and deal with a blow over, etc.? drag racing in the higher classes is much more than just stab and steer, and pull the chute. i used to think like you did before i went drag racing in the late 70s.
PDD has a point...if it were 800 hp drag cars however, taming 8000 hp; if it were easy everyone would do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or