U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:03 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,080,103 times

Advertisements

I didn't see anyone talking about this.. Thoughts on the Kevin Harvick comments?

Basically he blamed Junior for "Stunting the growth" of NASCAR.. That NASCAR would be far bigger and better if he had won a couple of championships and more races. Technically.. Probably true.. but it's not like Jr wasn't TRYING to do all that.

I thought the comments were rude at best.. There's a smidge of truth to them, but.. Misguided truth in my book. Perhaps a tinge of jealousy.

I think Harvick will see how much Junior means to NASCAR once he's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:18 AM

983 posts, read 1,365,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I didn't see anyone talking about this.. Thoughts on the Kevin Harvick comments?

Basically he blamed Junior for "Stunting the growth" of NASCAR.. That NASCAR would be far bigger and better if he had won a couple of championships and more races. Technically.. Probably true.. but it's not like Jr wasn't TRYING to do all that.

I thought the comments were rude at best.. There's a smidge of truth to them, but.. Misguided truth in my book. Perhaps a tinge of jealousy.

I think Harvick will see how much Junior means to NASCAR once he's gone.
Junior's had a solid career. It was always going to be impossible for him to match his dad's greatness, but if you compare his career to say, Kyle Petty's or Nelson Piquet Jr's, I think he is in a good spot as far as legends' kids go.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,184,730 times
I mentioned it in the main thread. No one seemed to notice. =p Harvick is wrong. If anything Jr has kept Cup relevant when it otherwise is in decline. Remove him and the fan-ship would/will drop even more. A championship, even several, wouldn't make nascar bigger only Jr fans happier. I definitely think Harvick is jealous of Jr nation and doesn't get it. Part of Jr's appeal is that he isn't Gordon or Johnson.

Anyway, Dale is having one bad year. He might have been better off retiring to start the year.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:13 PM

7,185 posts, read 11,228,783 times
Well, I went to Martinsville this past Spring (as we've done for the past 20 years or so). It was hard to watch. As much as I love the short track and they are the last tracks with "real racing", the race was kind of a snooze-fest.

Also, thought I'd watch more racing on TV this year with it being Jr's last year, but I don't think I've watched more than a total of 25 laps combined. It doesn't help that Jr is stinking up the place this year.

Looks like sponsorship is declining even more... RPM may lose Smithfield to SHS and that may just kill the 43 car from being "semi-competitive". Target is out at the end of the year for CGR's #42. Don't see too many big $$$ sponsors coming in.

More good drivers are on their way out of the Cup series (Jr, Kenseth, who else?)...

And Harvick wants to spank Jr for this? How about looking at the idiots in Daytona (France family). They've been shooting themselves in the foot for the past 15 years since Sr. died.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 333 times
Dale is so humble and loved by many! Through a non-profit I am helping, a donor who is also a Dale Jr. enthusiast, has donated one of Dale's hand-signed prints (#15 of 50 prints made) for silent auction, valued at $7,800. For more information, please go to [url=http://safepassagelives.org/dale-earnhardt-limited-edition/]Dale Earnhardt Limited Edition – SAFE PASSAGE[/url].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or