U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 08:12 PM

9,433 posts, read 7,115,858 times

Advertisements

You know.. It's years like this that you kinda look back on the old points and.. Ok.. Maybe that wasn't such a great system.. Harvick has 3 wins out of 5 races and would be 8th in points, 46 out of first.

I do like how it rewarded consistency.. But still.. That just looks out of whack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 10:08 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,189,497 times
Harvick let his temper get the best of him. Not a great look.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:33 AM

890 posts, read 1,534,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You know.. It's years like this that you kinda look back on the old points and.. Ok.. Maybe that wasn't such a great system.. Harvick has 3 wins out of 5 races and would be 8th in points, 46 out of first.

I do like how it rewarded consistency.. But still.. That just looks out of whack.
No more out of whack than Dillon being 3rd in points after the Daytona 500.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:53 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,230,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Harvick let his temper get the best of him. Not a great look.
Not initially.. but after the race, he took the blame which was a good look, IMO...

Old 03-21-2018, 09:08 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Not initially.. but after the race, he took the blame which was a good look, IMO...
Oh for sure, I meant he took a winning car and destroyed it because he got mad. Lotta work by the team tossed away. That's not a great look. But afterwards he definitely showed well taking the blame.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM

5,803 posts, read 6,588,431 times
Does Chevy or Ford have any chance of stopping Toyota's recent dominance?

Other than Daytona (where anyone can feasibly win if you make it to the end of the race), Toyota hasn't had much competition so far this season. Kyle Larson was strong for Chevy last week, as well as the Penske team for Ford.

Is it possible that the change to Camaro is causing issues, or just bad luck for Chevy drivers? Will Ford be forced to change to Mustangs next season? Fusion sales are below expectations and no upgrade is in store currently for the model.

Toyota got a new-look Camry in 2017. The aerodynamics on that new racing Camry is credited in part for the dominance of Cup Series.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:49 AM

32,503 posts, read 26,398,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Does Chevy or Ford have any chance of stopping Toyota's recent dominance?

Other than Daytona (where anyone can feasibly win if you make it to the end of the race), Toyota hasn't had much competition so far this season. Kyle Larson was strong for Chevy last week, as well as the Penske team for Ford.

Is it possible that the change to Camaro is causing issues, or just bad luck for Chevy drivers? Will Ford be forced to change to Mustangs next season? Fusion sales are below expectations and no upgrade is in store currently for the model.

Toyota got a new-look Camry in 2017. The aerodynamics on that new racing Camry is credited in part for the dominance of Cup Series.
not much competition for toyota? guess the fact that harvick won three of the last four races means nothing to you?

Old 03-22-2018, 02:52 PM

9,433 posts, read 7,115,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not much competition for toyota? guess the fact that harvick won three of the last four races means nothing to you?

Yeah.. Am I missing something.. They seem to be 1 for 5 right now.

I think all makes have been pretty competitive. Everyone has a win. Toyota has been strong.. After all, We could be talking about Busch having won 3 of the first 5 races rather than Harvick. But, they certainly aren't running away with anything. Top 5's and Top 10's have been fairly evenly spread out.

Chevy's problems likely link back to Hendrick's problems. Which.. Aren't overly problems.. They're just in a rebuild period. I'm fairly certain we won't be talking about whether Johnson makes the playoffs past May. I figure he'll have a win by then.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:54 PM

32,503 posts, read 26,398,194 times
chevys problems are a result of figuring out the new body style, and what it wants. toyota is having a similar issue at this point. the reason the fords are doing well right now is because the fusion has been well sorted over the last number of years, so the ford teams are at their peak. that will change when ford updates the fusion, or changes over to the mustang.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:14 PM

5,803 posts, read 6,588,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Yeah, I spaced out there. Sorry about that. I don't know why in my thought process that Harvick was driving a Toyota!!

Total crash and burn for me folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or