U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 09:04 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,080,103 times

Advertisements

Three in a row.. 187.

Next week being Talladega.. That should be a crap shoot. All 39 or however many cars show up will have a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 10:11 AM

32,452 posts, read 26,317,069 times
yes shrub won, but look who was second, and was moving forward at the time, chase elliot. i think he is getting close to his first win this season.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:58 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,575,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes shrub won, but look who was second, and was moving forward at the time, chase elliot. i think he is getting close to his first win this season.
It will be exciting to see Chase in the Chase again, but this time with a win. The Hendrick stable had a reasonably good day. At least no one wrecked from Hendrick.

Man, the shrub is on fire right now. From where he started in the back to win, is one for the record books.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:25 PM

32,452 posts, read 26,317,069 times
the way shrub is performing right now, it reminds me of the 2015 season when he broke his leg at daytona in the xfinity race, and ultimately came back to win the championship that year in the monster energy cup series.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:05 PM

2,837 posts, read 1,924,299 times
Default Kenseth returning to Roush Fenway in May of 2018

Matt Kenseth is returning to the NASCAR Cup Series to drive Roush Fenway Racing's No. 6 car in select races this season, multiple sources told SB Nation.

Kenseth will share the No. 6 Ford for the remainder of the 2018 season with Trevor Bayne, who has driven the car on a full-time basis since 2015 but will now move to part-time status. Roush Fenway will announce the news at a press conference scheduled for Wednesday at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C.

Kenseth's first race with Roush Fenway is expected to be May 12 at Kansas Speedway.

Jayski
4/23/18

Old 04-24-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Matt Kenseth is returning to the NASCAR Cup Series to drive Roush Fenway Racing's No. 6 car in select races this season, multiple sources told SB Nation.

Kenseth will share the No. 6 Ford for the remainder of the 2018 season with Trevor Bayne, who has driven the car on a full-time basis since 2015 but will now move to part-time status. Roush Fenway will announce the news at a press conference scheduled for Wednesday at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C.

Kenseth's first race with Roush Fenway is expected to be May 12 at Kansas Speedway.

Jayski
4/23/18

Yeah.. Bayne isn't the greatest in the world, but I feel for him. I can pretty much guarantee the only reason he hasn't been ejected from the ride is something in his contract.

This is a rather dirty way to do someone. I like Matt.. But Bayne is getting screwed over by Roush.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:11 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,575,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah.. Bayne isn't the greatest in the world, but I feel for him. I can pretty much guarantee the only reason he hasn't been ejected from the ride is something in his contract.

This is a rather dirty way to do someone. I like Matt.. But Bayne is getting screwed over by Roush.
I agree, but also feel that Matt got screwed by being let go in the first place. Matt is still a competitive driver.

In 2017 he lead 461 laps, one win, and ten top 5's - finishing 7th in the Chase. That's pretty good in this day and age of NASCAR unless your name is Kyle Busch.

Bayne in 9 years has 1 win, and 5 top five's. Of course this is not an apple to apple comparison. Winning Daytona was just being in the right place at the right time. But the kid has talent, hope the best for him.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I agree, but also feel that Matt got screwed by being let go in the first place. Matt is still a competitive driver.

In 2017 he lead 461 laps, one win, and ten top 5's - finishing 7th in the Chase. That's pretty good in this day and age of NASCAR unless your name is Kyle Busch.

Bayne in 9 years has 1 win, and 5 top five's. Of course this is not an apple to apple comparison. Winning Daytona was just being in the right place at the right time. But the kid has talent, hope the best for him.
Could be worse.. he could have done like Kasey Kahne and taken an awful ride.

I was thinking about that yesterday, that I just had seen nothing about Kahne. Haven't even noticed him in the races.. Considering that he's running worse than all other full time drivers (Perhaps with the exception of Cole Whitt and Gray Gaulding).. That's probably a good reason I haven't noticed him.

I'm slightly amazed that Bowman is the flag bearer for Hendrick. At 13th in points. While I'm not overly surprised at his points standing, the fact that he's outperforming the 48 is somewhat surprising.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:22 AM

3,026 posts, read 2,189,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Could be worse.. he could have done like Kasey Kahne and taken an awful ride.

I was thinking about that yesterday, that I just had seen nothing about Kahne. Haven't even noticed him in the races.. Considering that he's running worse than all other full time drivers (Perhaps with the exception of Cole Whitt and Gray Gaulding).. That's probably a good reason I haven't noticed him.

I'm slightly amazed that Bowman is the flag bearer for Hendrick. At 13th in points. While I'm not overly surprised at his points standing, the fact that he's outperforming the 48 is somewhat surprising.
Im not. The 48 team always starts off slow.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:18 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Im not. The 48 team always starts off slow.
As much as I would like to count out the 48 team......I know better. I say they end up with 3-4 wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or