U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 AM
 
9,433 posts, read 7,115,858 times
Reputation: 12203

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Sadler - Fox
Kahne - NBC

Kahne would probably be awful on a broadcast team. Even as a pit reporter.. I could see him, perhaps, being an analyst on whatever the current versions of rpm2night and the like are..

Sadler would be a good pit reporter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2018, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,042 posts, read 2,207,519 times
Reputation: 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Kahne would probably be awful on a broadcast team. Even as a pit reporter.. I could see him, perhaps, being an analyst on whatever the current versions of rpm2night and the like are..

Sadler would be a good pit reporter.
IF NBC will hire Parker Kligerman, theyll hire any body! I do say that in jest, as Parker does do a pretty good job! They need to work on the show itself though. I agree with you about Salder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2018, 03:33 PM
 
9,433 posts, read 7,115,858 times
Reputation: 12203
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
IF NBC will hire Parker Kligerman, theyll hire any body! I do say that in jest, as Parker does do a pretty good job! They need to work on the show itself though. I agree with you about Salder.

He'd do good as a Pre-Race host kinda thing as well. He's not a booth guy, tho.

Story is hitting now that Kahne declined to talk to SHR about the #41 earlier in the week, before announcing his retirement. So, apparently he's serious. That's a good ride. Probably one of the top in the sport.

So, our silly season now is that McMurray is looking.



The 41 car is open, whether it will run is another story. Busch is taking Monster and i'm not sure Gene Haas will fund that car out of pocket.


The 6 car.. Who drives it next year, does it even exist next year? Does Kenseth return? Full time?

The 95 has an open seat.

BK racing's 23 car has bidders.. It'll likely be around. If Mike Beam (I think) winds up getting it.. Will it be Spencer Gallagher in it? I wouldn't put him in a cup car now. Not after the suspension. But, that would be quasi-owned by his family, so..

What about Xfinity guys ready to possibly move up?



Bell, Hemrick and Custer could be ready, and perhaps Allgaier has proven enough to earn another shot. John Hunter Nemechek I think needs another year or two in Xfinity.

Perhaps there's a change at the 47. Rumors that Allmendinger may be out there.

The 78.. Truex would have to be an idiot to leave there right now. Assuming they resign with Gibbs.

Ryan Newman.. Once again in the rumor mill.. Seems like he's here every year. Would anyone available, short of Truex, be an improvement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2018, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,042 posts, read 2,207,519 times
Reputation: 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He'd do good as a Pre-Race host kinda thing as well. He's not a booth guy, tho.

Story is hitting now that Kahne declined to talk to SHR about the #41 earlier in the week, before announcing his retirement. So, apparently he's serious. That's a good ride. Probably one of the top in the sport.

So, our silly season now is that McMurray is looking.



The 41 car is open, whether it will run is another story. Busch is taking Monster and i'm not sure Gene Haas will fund that car out of pocket.


The 6 car.. Who drives it next year, does it even exist next year? Does Kenseth return? Full time?

The 95 has an open seat.

BK racing's 23 car has bidders.. It'll likely be around. If Mike Beam (I think) winds up getting it.. Will it be Spencer Gallagher in it? I wouldn't put him in a cup car now. Not after the suspension. But, that would be quasi-owned by his family, so..

What about Xfinity guys ready to possibly move up?



Bell, Hemrick and Custer could be ready, and perhaps Allgaier has proven enough to earn another shot. John Hunter Nemechek I think needs another year or two in Xfinity.

Perhaps there's a change at the 47. Rumors that Allmendinger may be out there.

The 78.. Truex would have to be an idiot to leave there right now. Assuming they resign with Gibbs.

Ryan Newman.. Once again in the rumor mill.. Seems like he's here every year. Would anyone available, short of Truex, be an improvement?
McMurray wont get a decent ride, I think. He just not that good, maybe 47 car.


Where Kurt going, haven't heard anything.


Havent followed X much this year, or last year, but I think Bell is ready, Allgayer I don't like him!



Truex will most likely stay for next season, then move on. My theory - Johnson retires, Truex gets the 48 in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2018, 10:44 PM
 
32,505 posts, read 26,398,194 times
Reputation: 19156
so kurt busch finally wins one at bristol tonight, good job there kurt. larson, elliot, logano, and jones round out the top five.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2018, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,631 posts, read 4,230,313 times
Reputation: 4583
Great Bristol Night Race...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,257 posts, read 829,516 times
Reputation: 2019
So who does everyone think will be in the Championship 4? I’d say Harvick, Busch, and Truex are pretty much a lock as this point. Anyone disagree? That being said, who is the 4th driver in? One of the Penske drivers? Bowyer/Kurt Busch? Larson? I think the playoffs are going to be pretty interesting to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 01:05 PM
 
9,433 posts, read 7,115,858 times
Reputation: 12203
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
So who does everyone think will be in the Championship 4? Id say Harvick, Busch, and Truex are pretty much a lock as this point. Anyone disagree? That being said, who is the 4th driver in? One of the Penske drivers? Bowyer/Kurt Busch? Larson? I think the playoffs are going to be pretty interesting to say the least.

I wouldn't guarantee those three a place. I mean, it only takes one bad race to knock you out.

They are without question the three best teams this year.. But the racing gods usually laugh at one early on in the chase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2018, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,803 posts, read 6,588,431 times
Reputation: 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
So who does everyone think will be in the Championship 4? Id say Harvick, Busch, and Truex are pretty much a lock as this point. Anyone disagree? That being said, who is the 4th driver in? One of the Penske drivers? Bowyer/Kurt Busch? Larson? I think the playoffs are going to be pretty interesting to say the least.
I think Elliot is about to turn things up and he'll be in the final 4. He finished 5th in his rookie season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2018, 10:09 PM
 
2,837 posts, read 1,929,820 times
Reputation: 3305
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1

Darlington

2 p.m. Cup qualifying; impound, multi-vehicle/three rounds (NBCSN, MRN)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top