Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 11:46 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,633,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
after joey bumped truex and got underneath him, truex turned down on joey, and then claimed to be upset with joey.

the cup series drivers have perfected the "whine" when things dont go their way.
Besides Earnhardt Sr., they all whine when they get dumped on the last lap and i like what Kyle Petty said afterwards.. Richard Petty did it, Earnhardt Sr did it, David Pearson did it... they all did it.. the bump and run is part of racing.. Joey didn't wreck Truex, he simply moved him out of the way and although things would have been better for my driver had Joey NOT won, i certainly enjoyed the final laps of that race including the finish! NASCAR needs more great finishes like this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 12:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,659,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Besides Earnhardt Sr., they all whine when they get dumped on the last lap and i like what Kyle Petty said afterwards.. Richard Petty did it, Earnhardt Sr did it, David Pearson did it... they all did it.. the bump and run is part of racing.. Joey didn't wreck Truex, he simply moved him out of the way and although things would have been better for my driver had Joey NOT won, i certainly enjoyed the final laps of that race including the finish! NASCAR needs more great finishes like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZd08jP9tTU

Old 10-29-2018, 04:17 PM

17,406 posts, read 14,975,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

I think Truex has a point in the "Race me like you want to be raced" statement. Truex did NOT move Logano out of the way, though he could have. What would he have done if it were the last lap and he couldn't get around? Would he have done it then?

I agree Logano did it the right way. Didn't dump him.. He moved him.

That being said.. Logano has a long list of enemies.. And perhaps he didn't need one more person on that list. The last person who he ticked off, as I recall, was Matt Kenseth.. Who took care of the situation.

Logano reminds me in ways of Ernie Irvan. Lots of talent, but.. Might be well served by calming down just a touch.

Earnhardt only got dumped once that I can think of.. And that was by Mayfield at Pocono. I'm sure it happened more than that, but not a whole lot.. He was generally the one doing the dumping.. Which is why he couldn't say a word when Mayfield did it to him.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:15 AM

Truex is not in the same situation Matt was in. Matt's championship hopes were over so it was an easy call for him to wreck himself and Joey... Truex can't do that at least not until he is laps behind at homestead and if he ends up in that position its likely not gonna be Joeys doing.

The only way Truex can get revenge this year would be a similar bump and run on the last lap at Homestead and if it comes to that, oh what an end of the year finish that would be!!!

Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 AM

9,400 posts, read 9,689,645 times
I'm hardly a fan of Logano and I really would like to see Truex in the final 4, but the bump and run was legit and I would expect any hard charging driver to do it, even to a teammate if necessary.

We need more of this type of racing back in NASCAR. This is what makes racing exciting. Cup racing was not meant to be polite...."hello driver, may I please pass you for the win? Oh, thank you very much for racing me cleanly."

Couldn't be more boring for the fans that barely fill the seats when that happens. There needs to be mutual respect on the track and know who you can trust and who you can't, but when it is the last lap, you are expected to do whatever it takes to win.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:57 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,677,980 times
Don't Forget for Race Day...

Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 4. Set Clocks BACK an hour

Old 11-04-2018, 04:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,659,590 times
well kevin harvick moves on to the championship race with the win today at texas. great restart to keep the lead in overtime.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:40 AM

not a great race... that track is still ugh!

Passing was almost impossible, back to the drawing board TMS.

Still, I enjoyed watching the race.. Harvick was back to his old tricks, dominating the field. I have to admit, Harvick is not my fav. driver (not my least fav either) but the way he grabbed that kid after the race, took a photo of him on the track with car behind them and then gave him the checkered flag... geez, that's why i love racing and love NASCAR... and that's why Harvick is so beloved! When you see a guy like that, not just any driver but a champion, do something like that it makes you appreciate how much NASCAR allows and encourages its stars to embrace the fans. You don't get that in any other sport for what ever reason.. you just don't.

So, go out today and get a Jimmy Johns sandwich, get an oil change with Mobile One, eat dinner at Outback.. support the companies that support the drivers that make NASCAR the best sport in America!

On to Phoenix, and who is the driver that dominates there.. oh yea, Kevin Harvick... hard not to root for him after that stunt and if my driver is struggling to stay in the top 10, you can bet i will be pulling for Harvick to win.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:29 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,845,853 times
Watched about 30secs, football day after all, wow the empty seats. Stick a fork in nascar, it's done.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:55 PM

9,400 posts, read 9,689,645 times
Current Champion 4 drivers are Harvick, Logano, Kyle Bush and Truex.

Chase Elliot is first driver down and has done well at Phoenix, so he could possibly get in with a win next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing