Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 10:39 AM

17,409 posts, read 14,989,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
No need to watch Sunday , Harvick will win Phoenix now that all of this has happened. It is his best track after all.

I suspect you are correct, however.. Anything can happen.

I'd feel a whole lot better if I were Harvick being locked in than being in the position i'm in now.

Plus, SHR has 4 teams that 'need' a win to advance. That means there's probably not the total focus that they could place on the Homestead car that would be possible if Harvick were locked in or any of the other teams were knocked out already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 10:43 AM

9,407 posts, read 9,695,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I suspect you are correct, however.. Anything can happen.

I'd feel a whole lot better if I were Harvick being locked in than being in the position i'm in now.

Plus, SHR has 4 teams that 'need' a win to advance. That means there's probably not the total focus that they could place on the Homestead car that would be possible if Harvick were locked in or any of the other teams were knocked out already.
I'm rooting for Chase Elliot. But it would be a shame not to have Happy in the Chase after all he has done this year.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:14 AM

950 posts, read 737,062 times
Harvick should just walk away from this BS sport. NASCAR is complete crap anymore.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:48 AM

9,407 posts, read 9,695,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Harvick should just walk away from this BS sport. NASCAR is complete crap anymore.
Apparently his team did tweak the rules to give his car an advantage. The rule in question states that spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer, not altered. The infraction was discovered when NASCAR gave the car a further inspection in North Carolina.

I don't understand why his team would take that chance when his chance to advance to the top 4 was already very good even without a win at Texas.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,634,203 times
Quote:
Whoa.. And Harvick has been booted from the Championship 4 for illegal spoiler mods.. And docked 40 points.

Kevin Harvick failed inspection after win, penalties include no automatic championship berth

That leaves him 3 points to the good and opens the door for Kurt Busch, at least, to get in.
WOW, if you aint cheatin' you aint tryin' i suppose.

Ironic because i remember seeing Tony Stewart interviewed prior to the race Sunday or perhaps after talking about the Jimmy JOhnson fiasco and getting through pre race inspection.. Stewart said, you should have 1 inspection, if you fail. you go to the back, none of this 3 times your out stuff.. i was not sure if he was necessarily calling out Hendrick/Knaus or NASCAR... just remember scratching my heading thinking, who is he trying to call out here??

Old 11-08-2018, 12:39 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,634,203 times
Quote:
Where would he go? Open wheel? moto cross?

He is one of the top drivers and will not simply walk away ie. Carl Edwards

.... besides, his team was clearly in the wrong here.. its not like he was nabbed on a technicality...

Old 11-08-2018, 03:07 PM

950 posts, read 737,062 times
His car was inspected BEFORE the race, it passed. This is Nacar not wanting Harvick to win, looking for na way to get viewership up. Just a damn fake game

Old 11-08-2018, 03:31 PM

17,409 posts, read 14,989,640 times
Quote:
His car was inspected BEFORE the race, it passed. This is Nacar not wanting Harvick to win, looking for na way to get viewership up. Just a damn fake game

It fit the templates before the race. But.. There's lots of ways to cheat without fitting the templates, or whatever the new process is.

Oversized engines.. Magnesuim Intake Manifolds.. Lead in the roll cage.. And some of those things can't be detected until the car is torn apart for a full inspection.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:28 PM

5,624 posts, read 5,781,464 times
Truex officially going to Gibbs next season.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,671,842 times
Quote:
It fit the templates before the race. But.. There's lots of ways to cheat without fitting the templates, or whatever the new process is.

Oversized engines.. Magnesuim Intake Manifolds.. Lead in the roll cage.. And some of those things can't be detected until the car is torn apart for a full inspection.

lead in the roll cage is actually legal. in point of fact the teams al use bolt on lead weights to get the weight distribution where they want it with in the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing