U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 05:57 PM

32,561 posts, read 26,495,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There is some really great racing in SCCA, and as pro series seem to gather more hoopla ll the time with what blingy celebs they can show off on camera and how many products can they shill for, 'amateur' racing becomes more attractive all the time.

The first F1 race I ever attended I was too young to have a license and had to talk my parents into going, it was so different back then (1966), you could walk through the paddock and into the garage to watch the mechanics work, I remember being like a foot away from Jack Brabham driving thru the infield, and the cars wore national colors and no advertising at all.
i dont mind the advertising on the race cars, its expensive to run in a lot of classes. in fact back in the late 70s we had western auto on our race car because they gave us garage space and some parts to keep our car on the track.

i just wish more amateur class racing would be shown again. it was fun watching vintage sports cars race up against later model hot hatches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 08:26 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,196,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideAnnie View Post
Oh, oh!
I went this year! It was my first year and hopefully not my last. So much fun!
Here are my photos from the weekend:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lzaras...7693172393015/
Very cool pics! Looks super fun. All the variety of cars is great. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing