U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 11:23 AM

3,687 posts, read 5,850,492 times

Advertisements

A couple of years ago or so, Silverstone made all of their ticket prices more affordable, with different prices for adults and kids. The whole family can come. The result is a huge crowd.

The problem is they are losing money. If Liberty Media doesn't lower their fee, 2019 will be the last race.

No more German Grand Prix after this year. Hockenheim is losing money. They say they need at least 70000 people on race day just to break even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 11:40 AM

7,298 posts, read 15,353,559 times
THIS is the definition of a bad sport (AND his father):

Haas reserve driver Ferrucci handed four-race ban in Formula 2
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 PM

58,186 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
From Lewis Hamilton's whatever feed this morning:

"Kimi said sorry and I accept and we move on. It was a racing incident and nothing more. Sometimes we say dumb **** and learn from it"

We have yet to hear similar from Mercedes management.

Quote:
I also think that shooting his mouth off is a far cry from Senna deliberately putting Prost out. That wasn't a "racing incident" that was bad sportsmanship of the worst kind and yet Senna is lionized as a driver.

Yeah, that was a nasty time. Though Senna was at times driven beyond sportsmanship by his passion, I have to say I was glad to learn he and Prost had reconciled before Senna's death and Prost actually served (and may still be serving?) on the Senna Foundation board. They were both great talents who were ruled by different forces, Prost by his intellect and Senna by his heart. Syd Watkins seemed to believe Senna had had a premonition at Imola that day and tried to talk Ayrton into just walking away and going fishing, once again Senna's heart ruled.

And let's not believe Prost was all innocence, he did after all turn into Senna at a Japanese GP.

Last edited by burdell; 07-09-2018 at 12:37 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 12:39 PM

2,609 posts, read 3,845,693 times
Quote:
THIS is the definition of a bad sport (AND his father):

Haas reserve driver Ferrucci handed four-race ban in Formula 2
Honestly as more info comes out, I think Ferrucci should be banned. Iíve read he and his father were blatantly racist towards his teammate. Itís unacceptable.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:27 PM

1,297 posts, read 429,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
What non-sense. I really try to like Hamilton but I can't. He's just a petulant child all the time.
Yep. Nothing better than seeing him parked on the side of the track. Doesn't happen often enough, though.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:14 AM

5,217 posts, read 5,872,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Honestly as more info comes out, I think Ferrucci should be banned. Iíve read he and his father were blatantly racist towards his teammate. Itís unacceptable.
At least he was fired by Trident

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/18/...ed-by-trident/

Old 07-19-2018, 08:35 AM

58,186 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Yep. Nothing better than seeing him parked on the side of the track. Doesn't happen often enough, though.

Seeing him passed on the track works for me.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post

Although I'd say Trident fired him as much for missing payments for his ride (allegedly so he could run a couple races in IndyLights instead) as for being a jerk.

FTM (follow the money).

Old 07-21-2018, 07:32 AM

5,217 posts, read 5,872,309 times
What is going on with Hamilton?

Old 07-21-2018, 09:48 AM

Interesting listening to Rosburg's comments on Hamilton's body language, saying something along the lines of never seeing Hamilton look so down, both last race and this one.

Although, do I really trust Rosburg's comments on Hamilton? Maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or