U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2018, 11:50 AM

53 posts, read 19,474 times

Advertisements

Trying out some new nicknames to describe Sergio "Checo" Perez's destructive driving talents.

How about:
Hip-Check-o
Or maybe Swervio.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,168 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceski44 View Post
Trying out some new nicknames to describe Sergio "Checo" Perez's destructive driving talents.

How about:
Hip-Check-o
Or maybe Swervio.

What do you think?

I think someone oughta tell him this ain't bumper cars!

Old 09-18-2018, 12:17 PM

983 posts, read 1,365,273 times
RE: Pérez... that move on Sirotkin was ridiculous and he got off lightly.

However all the BS I've been reading about the incident with Ocon is sincerely over the top. It's a race start, he had Grosjean (who jumped a chicane) on his left, and passing on the outiside going three wide is always gonna carry some risk.

Yes, if you have to absolutely assign blame, I guess you'd go with Pérez, but to me it's a racing incident (and the stewards saw it that way when they investigated it). I've seen it happen countless times, optimistic move on the outside, other car has understeer and there's contact, or simply didn't see the other car.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:39 PM

7,289 posts, read 15,339,626 times
The Ocon-Perez incident was definitely a "that's racing" type thing - and while the blame is marginally Perez's, Ocon should probably have rethought that type of move when there were so many cars in the same area and everyone's attention has to be all over the place. Had it been Perez and Ocon in the clear, then Perez would definitely have known where Ocon was and what he was doing, but when you are watching 5 other cars it is a little harder to know where, exactly, everyone else is.

On the other hand, the later incident is all Perez. Since Force India desperately needs Perez's money, it's Ocon likely getting the boot, but I'd prefer Ocon over Perez, myself.

Grosjean is back in hot water as well, with more superlicense points. I think he has 9 current points and a one race ban occurs at, what, 10?
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,183,857 times
It's 12. I didn't see the race but it sounds like he really botched up things. Ignoring passing flags when the leader is behind you isn't a great move.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:24 PM

3,682 posts, read 5,845,091 times
Singapore was boring, which isn't unusual.

150,000 USA TV viewers ages 18-49, 469,000 total viewers:

SKEDBALL: Weekend Sports TV Ratings 9.15-16.2018 | Showbuzz Daily

Still no agreement with Monza and Silverstone: Monza, Silverstone still in doubt after 2019

Hockenheim will be back for another year, but only because the Miami deal fell through and Liberty had to fill the slot.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:08 PM

I think those types of stats only work for US-based events or one-offs like the Olympics. I didn't watch the race (or the practices or qualifying) live and I didn't watch them "same day" - I watched the race DVR on Sunday afternoon, on MY schedule, not theirs.

Might be more enlightening for Austin, Mexico, Brazil or Canada, races that don't take staying up to 2am or getting up at 3am to watch.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I think those types of stats only work for US-based events or one-offs like the Olympics. I didn't watch the race (or the practices or qualifying) live and I didn't watch them "same day" - I watched the race DVR on Sunday afternoon, on MY schedule, not theirs.

Might be more enlightening for Austin, Mexico, Brazil or Canada, races that don't take staying up to 2am or getting up at 3am to watch.
From what I have read, live plus same day means watching live plus DVR recordings watched the same day. Watching a DVR recording of the Singapore race on Sunday afternoon is watching it "same day."

Old 10-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Another supremely boring race. After the first lap I knew who would win.

The only good pass was Hamilton overtaking Vettel. Verstappen coming through the field just showed how vastly superior the top six cars are. Was anybody even able to put up a fight? Ricciardo did the same thing with a damaged car.

TV viewers live plus same day DVR: total viewers, 390,000, adults 18-49, 123,000.

SKEDBALL: Weekend Sports TV Ratings 9.30.2018 | Showbuzz Daily

Old 10-04-2018, 10:18 PM

Looks like the typhoon might result in a wet qualifying session but race day should be dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or