Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 02:07 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times

Advertisements

My DVR flaked out and didn’t record the race. What a bummer

Wait, Varsha and Matchett do formula E?! Oooh Might watch now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 02:29 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
As much as I like Varsha and Matchett I have yet to develop any love for racing where the power isn't provided by internal combustion engines, I'm not even that fond of the electrics in F1. To me it's laughable to try and portray a series that flies a circus all around the world as well as runs wind tunnels 24/7 as somehow being 'green'. The way things are going it may not be long before the races that interest me the most are the Reno Air Races.

BTW, anyone know where MotoGP can be found on TV these days? Haven't seen it in a few seasons but usually some great racing.

Last edited by burdell; 03-25-2018 at 02:47 PM..

Old 03-25-2018, 04:23 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Not on TV, but on the web:
beIN SPORTS: LaLiga, Ligue 1, Serie A, MotoGP, WTA, NCAA and more

ETA: Huh, I'm wrong, they are carried on cable:
Quote:
BeIN Sports can be found on the following channels and cable packages: DISH: beIN SPORTS on Channel 408 in English and on Channel 871 in Spanish (SAP). DIRECTV: beIN SPORTS on Channel 620 in English & HD and beIN SPORTS en Español on Channel 426
I'd don't get the sports packages, so although I have DirecTV, I don't get it.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 03-25-2018, 05:04 PM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
BTW, anyone know where MotoGP can be found on TV these days? Haven't seen it in a few seasons but usually some great racing.
The first race this year was absolutely spectacular. First 3 places separated by less than 1 second. Decided in the last corner. Last lap video: Dovi Defeats Marquez in Epic '18 Opener

MotoGP = 20% bike, 80% rider.

F1 = 20% driver, 80% car, or maybe with the present formula, 10%, 90%.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Not on TV, but on the web:
beIN SPORTS: LaLiga, Ligue 1, Serie A, MotoGP, WTA, NCAA and more

ETA: Huh, I'm wrong, they are carried on cable:

I'd don't get the sports packages, so although I have DirecTV, I don't get it.
I have Direct TV and get things like NBCSN and FSN but not beIN.

I recently got a mailer from Spectrum which gives you local network channels plus allows you to pick 20 others for something like $21.95/mo. Of course I'm sure it builds quickly if you want a DVR etc. bu I may have to give them a call and see if they offer beIN.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
The first race this year was absolutely spectacular. First 3 places separated by less than 1 second. Decided in the last corner. Last lap video: Dovi Defeats Marquez in Epic '18 Opener

MotoGP = 20% bike, 80% rider.

F1 = 20% driver, 80% car, or maybe with the present formula, 10%, 90%.
I love the technology of F1 but MotoGP has been much better actual racing for what seems like forever. Thanks for the link to that lap! Great finish and I was glad to see Rossi still getting it done. It's a shame it doesn't get broader coverage in the US, I think fans of other racing series would be amazed to see what real elbow to elbow racing looks like.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:18 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnBRzHELeE

Old 03-28-2018, 03:41 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,373 times
https://secure.motogp.com/en/subscribe

Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
So was ESPN just trying to make up to viewers are is this a new thing? Qualifying was broadcast without commercials. Which, really, there are a ton of openings in Qualy for commercials - the wait in between sessions, the first lap or two of a session, the stretch when the cars are headed for parc ferme, etc.

Lol, a good qualifying effort for Honda, relatively speaking.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 04-08-2018, 12:09 AM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Now ESPN needs to use dynamic range compression on the sound so when that one announcer starts screaming with feigned excitement it won't be so obtrusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing