Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 05:01 AM

6,462 posts, read 8,132,055 times

Advertisements

Martin Brundle on Lance Stroll's crash in Q1: "I have never seen an F1 car crash like that, on the exit of turn 12...".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 06:37 AM

68,281 posts, read 54,065,692 times
Watching 'On The Grid' and just heard some F1 honcho say they want to change F1 from a motorsports company to a media and entertainment brand, sounds like a plan to make F1 follow NASCAR and shoot itself in the foot.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:24 AM

6,462 posts, read 8,132,055 times
I think this might be Grosjean's last season in F1.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I think this might be Grosjean's last season in F1.

I'd still like to see Kubica get an F1 seat.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,749,413 times
I remember when Grosjean was the Verstappen of his time - aggressive, getting in more incidents than he should, but showing so much promise. Some of it has been bad luck, but there have been a lot of mistakes along the way. It SHOULD be a salutary lesson for Verstappen, but I doubt it will be.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 05-14-2018, 01:23 AM

283 posts, read 170,447 times
Lewis Hamilton again....Spain G.P...

Old 05-14-2018, 07:13 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,845,853 times
Wow, what in the world was Grosjean thinking? What a bone headed move. I was hoping the rain would hit and shake things up. The gaps around the track were pretty bad.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:30 AM

I wonder what the future is for F1. Sunday morning they were interviewing one of the current honchos who said something to the affect that F1 has always been about glamour and celebrity. Well, the first F1 race I attended was the USGP in 1966 before I even had a driver's license. I can tell you the mud was ankle deep and unlike today we were free to roam through the paddock, I certainly saw no celebrities other than the drivers/constructors whose fame reached a very narrow field of interest and I saw little glamour there. Advertising on the cars didn't exist but I got to see Jim Clark take the only race ever won by BRM's H-16 engine so I'm happy to have been there.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM

5,407 posts, read 8,092,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wonder what the future is for F1. Sunday morning they were interviewing one of the current honchos who said something to the affect that F1 has always been about glamour and celebrity. Well, the first F1 race I attended was the USGP in 1966 before I even had a driver's license. I can tell you the mud was ankle deep and unlike today we were free to roam through the paddock, I certainly saw no celebrities other than the drivers/constructors whose fame reached a very narrow field of interest and I saw little glamour there. Advertising on the cars didn't exist but I got to see Jim Clark take the only race ever won by BRM's H-16 engine so I'm happy to have been there.
Here is the statement about the proposed Miami race:

“I don’t know that there’s a city on the planet that aligns with our brand more than Miami. We’re both about celebrity, about glamour, about fashion. We’re about digital, technology. We both have great sporting histories, so we think it’s a good brand alignment.”

Read more: F1 official believes 'not a better city on the planet' than Miami for Formula 1 | Autoweek

Old 05-15-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Here is the statement about the proposed Miami race:

“I don’t know that there’s a city on the planet that aligns with our brand more than Miami. We’re both about celebrity, about glamour, about fashion. We’re about digital, technology. We both have great sporting histories, so we think it’s a good brand alignment.”

Read more: F1 official believes 'not a better city on the planet' than Miami for Formula 1 | Autoweek

I have the feeling F1 is about to follow NASCAR's ill-conceived business model. Sure, they can chase the glitz & glamour crowd that will go for anything new & shiny, probably be very hip 'happenings' until the next new & shiny thing appears at which time they'll they'll drop F1 like a hot potato. By then they'll likely have alienated their real base and pay the price for doing so. C'est la vie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing