Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 06:54 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,299,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Ong, these stripes on the course. Ugh What were they thinking?
Perhaps you will like THIS view better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 06:34 AM

50 posts, read 43,037 times
so... where i can find information about driver pay check in 2018
alonso really 40?
max 10?
daniel 3? so almost 7x higher if he move to mclaren next year
lewis?
botas?
vettel?
kimi?
sirtokin "donate" more than 6, else william will take kubica right?
romain?
kevin?

poor alonso because of 40 mil euro he choose mclaren than renault works team!!!
love is blind but money is more blind, agree?

Old 07-02-2018, 08:20 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
Well, there were fewer SC or Virtual SC because of collisions than I expected, and some racing in the middle of the pack if not really at the front, where all passes except one seemed to be due to self-destructing tires (ooo, some discussions with Pirelli this I assume), bad pit strategies and mechanical issues.

Good for Max, getting his first win and in front of that mass of orange shirts!
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 07-02-2018, 09:00 AM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
Although Hamilton seemed to be the fastest, the way his car was blistering tires faster than most, was there any way he could have won the race, even if he had made is first pit stop with the others and he hadn't broken down?

Old 07-02-2018, 09:24 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
I think so, because the blistering problem was across the field and everyone was driving pretty gingerly by the end. If he'd have pitted when everyone else did, he'd have retained his position. At one point he was almost 14 seconds clear the 2nd place car.

The thing about such a short track though is that you are rarely in clear air and that doesn't help tire wear. The field was lapped to 4th place and I think the last place car was something like 4 laps down.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 07-02-2018, 09:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
Yeah Hamilton's tires were trashed. His cars set-up was going to do that no matter what so I figure he gets passed. Never know though. Both Mercs out is kind of crazy. Was glad no team orders came into play with Kimi. He deserved his place. He was flying.

Good on Verstappen. All that Dutch orange was something else. Had to give him extra motivation. That bump on Kimi was interesting. Ultimately got him the win.

An interesting race. Beautiful scenery.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Well, there were fewer SC or Virtual SC because of collisions than I expected, and some racing in the middle of the pack if not really at the front, where all passes except one seemed to be due to self-destructing tires (ooo, some discussions with Pirelli this I assume), bad pit strategies and mechanical issues.

Good for Max, getting his first win and in front of that mass of orange shirts!

Actually his third. Previously won in Spain 2016 and Mexico 2017.

He really seems to have responded well to the criticism of some of his early mistakes. I hope HONDA can give him a competitive engine next year that allows his talent to continue evolving.

Last edited by burdell; 07-02-2018 at 09:55 AM..

Old 07-02-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah Hamilton's tires were trashed. His cars set-up was going to do that no matter what so I figure he gets passed. Never know though. Both Mercs out is kind of crazy. Was glad no team orders came into play with Kimi. He deserved his place. He was flying.

Good on Verstappen. All that Dutch orange was something else. Had to give him extra motivation. That bump on Kimi was interesting. Ultimately got him the win.
I was glad the stewards let that bump go as a racing incident. We may not always see it but likely no worse than what occurs in any race.

Quote:
An interesting race. Beautiful scenery.
It was and it is!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I think so, because the blistering problem was across the field and everyone was driving pretty gingerly by the end. If he'd have pitted when everyone else did, he'd have retained his position. At one point he was almost 14 seconds clear the 2nd place car.

The thing about such a short track though is that you are rarely in clear air and that doesn't help tire wear.
The field was lapped to 4th place and I think the last place car was something like 4 laps down.

Interesting the way how different cars are affected, Mercedes and Red Bull seemed to suffer more than Ferrari.

And retirements or not, GREAT day for HAAS!

Old 07-02-2018, 02:47 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was glad the stewards let that bump go as a racing incident. We may not always see it but likely no worse than what occurs in any race.

It was and it is!

I agree. The bump was just racing. Kimi had a shot to get him back in the end. Just ran out of laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Interesting the way how different cars are affected, Mercedes and Red Bull seemed to suffer more than Ferrari.

And retirements or not, GREAT day for HAAS!

Oh yeah, HAAS did end up doing well. That team has certainly had some good luck and overachieved some.

Sad to watch Alonso toil in last for a bit. He moved up but dang that car is bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing