U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:30 AM

1,312 posts, read 858,698 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. The way it’s looking now my son and I are going back to Watkins Glen and to the Pocano June race. Mainly due to the dates and close proximity to home.

HOWEVER, it is my 10 year anniversary next year so my wife and are going to Daytona for the 4th of July and staying the weekend for the race. Any ideas for hotels? We would like to stay on the beach and just uber to the track on Saturday. How is it getting out after the race to get back towards the beach? We are in our early 30’s so we will definitely be partying/drinking after the race. Any good spots around the track we could just walk to? Then we could just uber back to the hotel after the traffic dies down. Any suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 40 times
Default Bristol simple

[url]https://bellyupsports.com/2019/08/the-last-great-coliseum-life-changing/[/url]

This article seriously explains my feelings about the experience as well.

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

9,609 posts, read 7,277,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. The way it’s looking now my son and I are going back to Watkins Glen and to the Pocano June race. Mainly due to the dates and close proximity to home.

HOWEVER, it is my 10 year anniversary next year so my wife and are going to Daytona for the 4th of July and staying the weekend for the race. Any ideas for hotels? We would like to stay on the beach and just uber to the track on Saturday. How is it getting out after the race to get back towards the beach? We are in our early 30’s so we will definitely be partying/drinking after the race. Any good spots around the track we could just walk to? Then we could just uber back to the hotel after the traffic dies down. Any suggestions would be great!

Umm.. No you're not.

You may go to Daytona July 4th, but there won't be a race.

Daytona is August 29th, 2020

Indianapolis is the July 5th race.

Oh.. lol.. Just noticed this was an older topic.

Old Today, 08:50 AM

1,312 posts, read 858,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Umm.. No you're not.

You may go to Daytona July 4th, but there won't be a race.

Daytona is August 29th, 2020

Indianapolis is the July 5th race.

Oh.. lol.. Just noticed this was an older topic.
Haha yep, we went to the Daytona race last month. Had a blast but the weather sucked. If we ever go back to Daytona for a race it will be for the 500 in Feb. FL weather in the summer is just to unpredictable.

Old Today, 04:03 PM

52 posts, read 9,226 times
I'd highly recommend going to the Rolex 24 at Daytona some time. Different kind of racing obviously, but I've heard nothing but good things from everyone I know who's every gone. I probably won't make it down there for 2020, but 2021 is definitely going to happen for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing