U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2019, 09:43 AM

5,803 posts, read 6,587,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well so far the fords are doing better than i expected given the new body style. brad k wins the atlanta race today over martin truex. i didnt expect a ford to win until race 7 or eight, and figured it would be harvick with that first win of the season for ford.
Reports were that Chevy was concerned last year. They must be freaking out this year. But still the Fords and Toyota's are still dominating like last year.

I read that last year RCR wanted to form a Chevy alliance with HMS and Ganassi. That didn't get very far apparently. The teams were worried about sharing proprietary info. I be more worried about losing to Ford.

Last edited by USNRET04; 02-26-2019 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Do-oh about Harvick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 10:21 AM

9,433 posts, read 7,112,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Reports were that Chevy was concerned last year. They must be freaking out this year. About the only Chevy's running good are Harvick and Larson. But still the Fords and Toyota's are still dominating like last year.

I read that last year RCR wanted to form a Chevy alliance with HMS and Ganassi. That didn't get very far apparently. The teams were worried about sharing proprietary info. I be more worried about losing to Ford.

Harvick's in a Ford.

The JTG Daugherty team seems to be building. Had some bad luck with Preece at Atlanta, but they were running pretty good all race.

Kurt Busch looked good as well.

The thing is.. Hendrick has been.. Iffy. and that's the team that's looked at as the gold standard for Chevy. If CGR won 10 races, but HMS didn't win any.. That would be considered a 'bad' year for Chevy in most fans' eyes.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:18 PM

5,803 posts, read 6,587,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Jayski to shut down. Just like that, it's over!

We didn't get to scoop our own news! Thanks for 22+ great years. Today is the final day for http://Jayski.com . We appreciate all your support. It's been an honor to work for ESPN. We aren't sure what's next for us (Jay, Scott -@SLPAGE and, Amanda) but stay tuned.

Now where do we go for up to the moment NASCAR Info? Racer was on it last week, but will they continue?
Jayski is working on getting his website back online. Possibly sometime in April.

Contact Jayski

Old 02-27-2019, 01:06 PM

3,042 posts, read 2,205,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Didnt he try that a few years back with DEI and Ganassi?

Old 02-27-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Didnt he try that a few years back with DEI and Ganassi?
That was ECR Engines, I think you're talking about.

It stated as RCR and DEI.. then when CGR acquired DEI, they were in on it.

As of 2016, it's entirely a part of RCR.

But that only had to do with engines.. Never was any info sharing on anything else and the 'sharing' here was that ECR supplied the engines, much like Hendrick does for some teams and TRD and the like.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That was ECR Engines, I think you're talking about.

It stated as RCR and DEI.. then when CGR acquired DEI, they were in on it.

As of 2016, it's entirely a part of RCR.

But that only had to do with engines.. Never was any info sharing on anything else and the 'sharing' here was that ECR supplied the engines, much like Hendrick does for some teams and TRD and the like.
Probably right! I was thinking it was more like a "merger" of information type thing.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Probably right! I was thinking it was more like a "merger" of information type thing.
The only people who have made that work, in general, so far as info sharing, that I can think of are Gibbs and FRR and Hendrick and SHR.

And, to be honest.. It's NOT worked far more times than it has worked. Remember Gibbs and Hall of Fame racing? Or Hendrick and James Finch? Or Evernham and Ultra Motorsports? In each of those.. The 'satellite' team was more considered a testing team and got either experimental or second hand equipment.

I know that Jim Smith at Ultra got extremely ticked off at Evernham over it.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:22 PM

Old 03-02-2019, 06:56 PM

1,257 posts, read 828,849 times
Going for the SWEEP!

Old 03-03-2019, 05:30 PM

ZZZZZZZzzzzzz……… What a boring race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing