U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-06-2019, 11:18 PM
 
9,423 posts, read 7,071,740 times
Reputation: 12183

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Not by me! Im sure thousands of others feel the same way.

Meh.. I don't overly care for him.. But.. You know I never really cared for Kyle Petty, but i've been watching some of the interviews he's been doing lately.. Like Ken Squire and Ned and Dale Jarrett.. I have to admit that Kyle has something of a rare perspective on things that only a few others (Like Dale Jarrett and Junior) in that they were around for both the pre-Modern Era (As kids at the track) and the Modern Era (as drivers) that.. Somehow makes things enjoyable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2019, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,025 posts, read 2,185,519 times
Reputation: 3143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Meh.. I don't overly care for him.. But.. You know I never really cared for Kyle Petty, but i've been watching some of the interviews he's been doing lately.. Like Ken Squire and Ned and Dale Jarrett.. I have to admit that Kyle has something of a rare perspective on things that only a few others (Like Dale Jarrett and Junior) in that they were around for both the pre-Modern Era (As kids at the track) and the Modern Era (as drivers) that.. Somehow makes things enjoyable.
I agree with that. Even Gordon has done an exceptional job at the few interviews of others I watched him do. DW on the other hand is just a attention hog, who only cares about making something about himself, and has taken away from the competitors on the track to do so. If it weren't for Mike Joy reeling things back in, the whole race would be about DW and what he did or what he would do. Ive noticed a couple of times this year Gordon has done that as well. (Although I don't recall what DW was rambling on about) Another one that needs to pack it in is McReynolds. Im so tired of hearing how he"gave Earnhardt a Daytona 500 win." And the other Waldrip needs to go to, or stop with the comical bull$hit. He can actually commentate a race pretty good when hes not acting like a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2019, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Murrica
3,139 posts, read 1,792,147 times
Reputation: 2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Not by me! Im sure thousands of others feel the same way.
Me either.

And the sooner they put Larry McReynolds out of work, the better. It's 2019, NASCAR announcers should have some grasp of English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2019, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,554 posts, read 10,257,939 times
Reputation: 9796
I just hope they don't replace Darrell in the booth with his no-talent, halfwit brother. Can't stand Mikey.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 04-07-2019 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2019, 06:25 PM
 
32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Reputation: 19035
so kyle busch wins today at bristol, with brother kurt in second place followed by joey logano, ryan blaney and denny hamlin. daniel suarez finished 8th today, another good run for him. maybe this is the season he gets his first win in cup racing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Upstate
5,800 posts, read 6,572,696 times
Reputation: 4160
The Bristol race wasn't bad, but holy cow, was there anyone there?? I bet there were no more than 40 thousand, in a stadium that fits 162,000. Only a small section of DW's named grandstand was sold. The last time a spring Bristol hit anywhere near capacity was 2009 with 160k.

I wouldn't be surprised if the spring Bristol race is not on the 2021 schedule. That will be a sad day, since Bristol has some of the best racing in NASCAR. Weather is typically an issue in April, so it would make sense to drop that race and hope the fall race under the lights can draw 80-100k.

There is no way Bristol will ever sell sell 162k seats for a NASCAR race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2019, 02:43 PM
 
9,423 posts, read 7,071,740 times
Reputation: 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The Bristol race wasn't bad, but holy cow, was there anyone there?? I bet there were no more than 40 thousand, in a stadium that fits 162,000. Only a small section of DW's named grandstand was sold. The last time a spring Bristol hit anywhere near capacity was 2009 with 160k.

I wouldn't be surprised if the spring Bristol race is not on the 2021 schedule. That will be a sad day, since Bristol has some of the best racing in NASCAR. Weather is typically an issue in April, so it would make sense to drop that race and hope the fall race under the lights can draw 80-100k.

There is no way Bristol will ever sell sell 162k seats for a NASCAR race.

If there's one race, and it's the night race.. I bet they would.

My understanding is that the turns were not sold. They sold only the front and backstretch grandstands in an attempt to make the place look fuller. Obviously, didn't work too well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,800 posts, read 6,572,696 times
Reputation: 4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If there's one race, and it's the night race.. I bet they would.

My understanding is that the turns were not sold. They sold only the front and backstretch grandstands in an attempt to make the place look fuller. Obviously, didn't work too well.
I heard now that the actual seating is more in the 140k range from a high of 162k.

The local hotels are still gouging NASCAR fans and that could be a contributor to the lower turnout.

But if the racing continues to improve like it has, the fall race should be exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 12:00 PM
 
32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Reputation: 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The local hotels are still gouging NASCAR fans and that could be a contributor to the lower turnout.

any time there is a special event any where, hotel rates always go up, sometimes a lot depending on the event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Upstate
5,800 posts, read 6,572,696 times
Reputation: 4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
any time there is a special event any where, hotel rates always go up, sometimes a lot depending on the event.
They may gouge themselves out of existence. If the fans stop coming, then NASCAR could drop a race. That would hurt a lot of people in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top