U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-09-2019, 11:08 AM
 
9,431 posts, read 7,108,610 times
Reputation: 12202

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Jayski's will be back up the week of May 13th.

https://jayski.com/

That's good news. It's been rough without that site. Wonder if Jay will be involved or if he's basically going to hand it off to the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2019, 10:34 AM
 
32,501 posts, read 26,381,433 times
Reputation: 19153
last night brad k held off alex bowman, eric jones, chase elliot, and clint bowyer to win his second race of the season. and he did it in the closing laps of the race in overtime. now onto charlotte for the all star race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,803 posts, read 6,585,750 times
Reputation: 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
last night brad k held off alex bowman, eric jones, chase elliot, and clint bowyer to win his second race of the season. and he did it in the closing laps of the race in overtime. now onto charlotte for the all star race.
That was some decent racing at Kansas. The new aero package helped the cars stick to the track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,803 posts, read 6,585,750 times
Reputation: 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's good news. It's been rough without that site. Wonder if Jay will be involved or if he's basically going to hand it off to the other two.
Up and running now.

Jayski’s NASCAR Cup Series site is managed by Jayski (Jay Adamczyk), who also does grunt work and helps with design.

https://www.jayski.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,257 posts, read 828,157 times
Reputation: 2019
Super excited. Just got my tickets in the mail last night for the Coke Zero 400 in Daytona. This will be our first time to Daytona and to the speedway. We rented a spot on the beach, arriving on the 4th and staying through the weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to get from the beach to the track on Saturday? We were planning on just getting an Uber. We also got the Fanzone tickets to see all the pre-race stuff. Saturday is the only day we plan on coming inland, all the other days we plan on staying closer to the beach. Any tips, tricks, or other recommendations while we're there would be greatly appreciated. We want to get the most out of our trip. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 08:44 AM
 
9,431 posts, read 7,108,610 times
Reputation: 12202
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Up and running now.

Jayskiís NASCAR Cup Series site is managed by Jayski (Jay Adamczyk), who also does grunt work and helps with design.

https://www.jayski.com/

See.. there's things that just wind up there. The Patricia Driscoll thing.. I had about forgotten about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Murrica
3,168 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Reputation: 2179
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Super excited. Just got my tickets in the mail last night for the Coke Zero 400 in Daytona. This will be our first time to Daytona and to the speedway. We rented a spot on the beach, arriving on the 4th and staying through the weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to get from the beach to the track on Saturday? We were planning on just getting an Uber. We also got the Fanzone tickets to see all the pre-race stuff. Saturday is the only day we plan on coming inland, all the other days we plan on staying closer to the beach. Any tips, tricks, or other recommendations while we're there would be greatly appreciated. We want to get the most out of our trip. Thanks!
Absolutely take an Uber and get there early. There is a lot to see and do. Also understand that you'll might wait a while after to get picked up by Uber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2019, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,257 posts, read 828,157 times
Reputation: 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Absolutely take an Uber and get there early. There is a lot to see and do. Also understand that you'll might wait a while after to get picked up by Uber.
Okay perfect, do you know if there is a Uber pick up area near the track once the race is over? I know a lot of stadium/tracks have designated pickup/drop off areas to ease traffic.


Also, it looks like the race starts at 7:30pm. How early is to early to get there? I want to have plenty of time to do and see everything and not be rushed. But I don't want to spend hours just sitting around waiting either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,042 posts, read 2,203,877 times
Reputation: 3163
Anybody else go to Charlotte this weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2019, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Murrica
3,168 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Reputation: 2179
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Okay perfect, do you know if there is a Uber pick up area near the track once the race is over? I know a lot of stadium/tracks have designated pickup/drop off areas to ease traffic.
We walked down to the Outback and hung out for a bit. Then got picked up there. Traffic is hell at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Also, it looks like the race starts at 7:30pm. How early is to early to get there? I want to have plenty of time to do and see everything and not be rushed. But I don't want to spend hours just sitting around waiting either.
Depends on how much you want to see. If you're doing the Fanzone, I'd go at least 2 hours early. Plus there is a lot of spectacle you won't want to miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top