U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 03:44 PM

9,504 posts, read 7,191,433 times

Advertisements

Justin Haley.. Congrats to the young man.. But.. While I like the 'surprise' winners as much as anyone.. Not a huge fan of a part time driver getting the win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 04:04 PM

6,603 posts, read 10,353,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Justin Haley.. Congrats to the young man.. But.. While I like the 'surprise' winners as much as anyone.. Not a huge fan of a part time driver getting the win.
The cynic in me doesn't think this is over yet. They'll go over that car with a fine-tooth comb and use their "zero-tolerance" rule to DQ them for a miniscule infraction they'd normally overlook.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:26 PM

32,591 posts, read 26,544,998 times
well nascar has posted the official results and the win does go to justin haley. good work young man, perhaps this will help you get a full time ride in the near future.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:18 AM

5,811 posts, read 6,613,425 times
I'm OK with Justin getting the win. It's a dream come true for them. I'm just bummed that the race had to be called. NASCAR should have started the race no later than noon Sunday, even I saw on my weather app that afternoon thunderstorms were in store. Would have been a terrific finish had the race been allowed to go on.

Overall though, it was one of the better Daytona races in recent memory. Lot's of good, exciting racing. Next year, this race will be in September. That time of year is more effected by hurricanes, so that could make things interesting.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:40 PM

9,504 posts, read 7,191,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm OK with Justin getting the win. It's a dream come true for them. I'm just bummed that the race had to be called. NASCAR should have started the race no later than noon Sunday, even I saw on my weather app that afternoon thunderstorms were in store. Would have been a terrific finish had the race been allowed to go on.

Overall though, it was one of the better Daytona races in recent memory. Lot's of good, exciting racing. Next year, this race will be in September. That time of year is more effected by hurricanes, so that could make things interesting.

Technically August, but.. Yeah, close enough.

I don't know.. The race didn't get interesting until the Ford camp was broken up. Ford just seems to have fewer teams.. They have less cars than Chevy.. 19-15-6 C-F-T.. But those 15 Fords are 6 teams, while the 19 Chevys are about 13 different teams based on my count and the majority of those aren't very good.. Toyotas are 3 teams and could be considered 2 since Levine and Gibbs are partnered up, but having only 6 cars is tough.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:18 AM

1,289 posts, read 843,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

We were at the race. It was my 2nd race ever (1st Daytona). We were pretty bummed about the weather. However, when they were racing it was great. And yes I agree they should have started the race earlier on Sunday. I think a noon start would have got them through the whole race. I'm guessing the 1pm start was due to TV/advertising, etc. As much as I'd like to try Daytona again in the future I don't think it will happen again, at least not for a while. Summer weather in FL is just to unpredictable, especially now with the race moving to the end of August. However, I'm willing to beat the race will eventually move back to the 4th.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 AM

3,242 posts, read 1,843,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
We were at the race. It was my 2nd race ever (1st Daytona). We were pretty bummed about the weather. However, when they were racing it was great. And yes I agree they should have started the race earlier on Sunday. I think a noon start would have got them through the whole race. I'm guessing the 1pm start was due to TV/advertising, etc. As much as I'd like to try Daytona again in the future I don't think it will happen again, at least not for a while. Summer weather in FL is just to unpredictable, especially now with the race moving to the end of August. However, I'm willing to beat the race will eventually move back to the 4th.

Try the 500 in February. Much better weather.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:27 AM

1,289 posts, read 843,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Try the 500 in February. Much better weather.
I agree. If we try Daytona again it will definitely be for the 500 in Feb.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:03 PM

32,591 posts, read 26,544,998 times
great finish to the race tonight, kurt busch held off his brother kyle at the line in overtime to win at kentucky, eric jones, kyle larson and denny hamlin round out the top five tonight.

as a side note, i am hoping that daniel suarez continues to improve, perhaps he can win a race this season, we shall see. he started on the pole tonight, and finished 8th after an early misstep that put him nearly to laps down in the middle of the race. nice comeback daniel.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:37 AM

5,811 posts, read 6,613,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
great finish to the race tonight, kurt busch held off his brother kyle at the line in overtime to win at kentucky, eric jones, kyle larson and denny hamlin round out the top five tonight.
It was a terrific finish for sure. Also enjoyed Kurt's "hell ya" and his Kulwicki style drive back to the winners circle with his pit crew on the car. Too bad the official stopped it.

I thought the interview with Kyle was funny. He just had no emotion for his brothers win. He did say it was one of the best finishes with his older bro since they came to NASCAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing