U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 08:47 AM

1,300 posts, read 850,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
great finish to the race tonight, kurt busch held off his brother kyle at the line in overtime to win at kentucky, eric jones, kyle larson and denny hamlin round out the top five tonight.
I agree, great finish! Was happy to see Kurt get the win, especially after what happened at Daytona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 01:35 PM

814 posts, read 1,309,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I don't know.. The race didn't get interesting until the Ford camp was broken up. Ford just seems to have fewer teams.. They have less cars than Chevy.. 19-15-6 C-F-T.. But those 15 Fords are 6 teams, while the 19 Chevys are about 13 different teams based on my count and the majority of those aren't very good.. Toyotas are 3 teams and could be considered 2 since Levine and Gibbs are partnered up, but having only 6 cars is tough.
36 cars or so total nowadays (instead of 43 not too long ago)

Old 07-21-2019, 04:40 PM

32,636 posts, read 26,627,375 times
at new hampshire today kevin harvick held off a hard charging denny hamlin to win the race. denny gave kevin a good shove on the last lap trying to get himout of the groove, and couldnt get the job done. coming off turn four they were beating on each other across the finish line. jones, blaney and dibenidetto round out the top five. here is the last lap for those that didnt see it;

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...new-hampshire/

Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
at new hampshire today kevin harvick held off a hard charging denny hamlin to win the race. denny gave kevin a good shove on the last lap trying to get himout of the groove, and couldnt get the job done. coming off turn four they were beating on each other across the finish line. jones, blaney and dibenidetto round out the top five. here is the last lap for those that didnt see it;

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...new-hampshire/
Another good finish. Good to see Harvick finally get a win this season after such a get season last year. Glad Hamlin raced him the right way and not put him in the wall.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 PM

9,539 posts, read 7,230,857 times
How about MattD getting a top 5? He's run well at the "Plate" tracks and road courses, but hasn't really even been top 15 at ovals.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:21 PM

3,269 posts, read 1,860,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
How about MattD getting a top 5? He's run well at the "Plate" tracks and road courses, but hasn't really even been top 15 at ovals.
I wish someone would give him a first rate ride. Really good driver and a class act. He's make a great Gibb's driver.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I wish someone would give him a first rate ride. Really good driver and a class act. He's make a great Gibb's driver.
We were talking about this after he got his top 5 finish. Don't think a spot with be available on Gibbs for a while but it would be nice to see him even get a shot with RCR or RPM. Seems like a great guy.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:38 AM

9,539 posts, read 7,230,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post

I think Levine, with their deal with Gibbs.. It may take them a year or two, but I suspect we might see them follow a similar trajectory as Furniture Row. I don't think they top out at the same place, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them competing for wins in the next year or two.. Especially considering the caliber of competition out there now..

Really seems like we're regressing to the early 90's where you have a handful of cars that may win week to week. It's certainly opened up the past 3 weeks.. Prior that, you had 3 teams that had won 17 races(Hendrick, Gibbs and Penske). Now, in the past 3 weeks, we've had Ganassi, Stewart-Hass and Spire.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:22 PM

32,636 posts, read 26,627,375 times
it got interesting at the end of the race today with most drivers going into fuel economy mode, but in the end denny hamlin held of teammates eric jones and martin truex jr for a a1-2-3 gibbs racing finish with byron and larson rounding out the top five.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:55 AM

151 posts, read 22,459 times
The last lap I expected the announcer to say ....."He is slowing down. He is out of gas"

I expected it to be said of more than one driver/car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing