U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 11:05 AM

32,437 posts, read 26,292,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To me that's the equivalent of fan support giving a batter an additional strike or requiring a football team only make 8 yards for a first down. Crews work damn hard to make their car just a little bit better than others, I just don't see letting that be overshadowed by a fan driven popularity contest.

I watched an E race from Brooklyn, I guess it was last year. A good part of my interest in racing has always been the technology, especially as applied to engines, I just don't see Formula E becoming one of my favorites, guess I need to look into getting MotoGP broadcasts, IMO some of the best racing to be seen.

hey, we agree on something i also watched a formula E race a couple years ago, and while it was kind of interesting, it wasnt interesting enough to keep my attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,067,523 times
So, big news in NASCAR, which.. Some people might not have seen since coverage of NASCAR has gone to hell.. Wins will now be taken away. A complete flipflop on about 70 years of NASCAR history. It was always said that Big Bill wanted fans to know who won the race when they left the track. This will no longer be the case. If a penalty is issued against the race winner, the win is taken away, along with the trophy and points and, probably most importantly, the money.

Also.. I made my prediction on this back in the 2017 topic, I believe.. When does Kyle Busch get win #200? He's 6 wins away right now, at 194 total wins (51 cup, 92 Xfinity, 51 Trucks).. If I recall, my prediction was the Xfinity race at Indy. Now.. When I made that prediction, Indy was the third weekend in July.. It's now the first weekend, more or less, in September.

Due to the schedule change and since he's not running the Xfinity Indy race.. I'm going to adjust my prediction to the Coke 600 weekend. He looks to be running the triple. So, I'm going to say he gets it early.. Truck race on May 17th.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,183,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So, big news in NASCAR, which.. Some people might not have seen since coverage of NASCAR has gone to hell.. Wins will now be taken away. A complete flipflop on about 70 years of NASCAR history. It was always said that Big Bill wanted fans to know who won the race when they left the track. This will no longer be the case. If a penalty is issued against the race winner, the win is taken away, along with the trophy and points and, probably most importantly, the money.

Also.. I made my prediction on this back in the 2017 topic, I believe.. When does Kyle Busch get win #200? He's 6 wins away right now, at 194 total wins (51 cup, 92 Xfinity, 51 Trucks).. If I recall, my prediction was the Xfinity race at Indy. Now.. When I made that prediction, Indy was the third weekend in July.. It's now the first weekend, more or less, in September.

Due to the schedule change and since he's not running the Xfinity Indy race.. I'm going to adjust my prediction to the Coke 600 weekend. He looks to be running the triple. So, I'm going to say he gets it early.. Truck race on May 17th.
Didnt they take away a win from Rudd once, or is my memory shot? He spun Allison on the last lap, or something?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Didnt they take away a win from Rudd once, or is my memory shot? He spun Allison on the last lap, or something?

They black flagged him coming to the checkers. While we could argue that's a to-MAY-to vs To-MAH-to situation.. I find them different, because people at the track left knowing who won.

Sonoma.. 1991 or so, is my recollection on that. You're right about Rudd and Allison being involved. I know it was a road course, and it was after Riverside closed, and it was California, so.Had to be Sonoma. Could have been 90..

Old 02-08-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They black flagged him coming to the checkers. While we could argue that's a to-MAY-to vs To-MAH-to situation.. I find them different, because people at the track left knowing who won.

Sonoma.. 1991 or so, is my recollection on that. You're right about Rudd and Allison being involved. I know it was a road course, and it was after Riverside closed, and it was California, so.Had to be Sonoma. Could have been 90..
Found it yesterday and forgo to post it. Youre right. I thought he had already crossed the lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMOX_zQKA_c

Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM

1,244 posts, read 820,042 times
Any picks for the Daytona 500? Does Ford continue to dominate on Super Speedways? Curious to see how the next Mustang preforms compared to the fusion. I think a JGR driver takes the 500.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Any picks for the Daytona 500? Does Ford continue to dominate on Super Speedways? Curious to see how the next Mustang preforms compared to the fusion. I think a JGR driver takes the 500.

Ask again after the Shootout and Twins. Right now.. Without testing.. I have no idea at all where each program is, other than based on last year, and.. That was 4 months ago the last time they ran a plate race. Plus, tweaks to the packages.

I'll feel better making a prediction after they've logged some laps.

If you want a sentimental choice.. Bubba Wallace. The King doesn't have too many Daytona's left, and I would love to see him in Victory Lane at Daytona one more time.

It'd be cool to see a Gibbs driver, specifically Hamlin, win for JD.

The Wood Brothers for Glen.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post

i dont expect a good showing for the mustangs early in the season, since it is a new body style. if anyone in the ford camp is going to do well though it will probably be brad k and kevin harvick. by about race 7 we should see what the mustangs are going to be capable of though.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont expect a good showing for the mustangs early in the season, since it is a new body style. if anyone in the ford camp is going to do well though it will probably be brad k and kevin harvick. by about race 7 we should see what the mustangs are going to be capable of though.
Im watching Clash practice and looks like, at least for now, the Stangs are doing pretty good. Of course you could put a Winnebago out there and have decent speed out of it. Only downside Im seeing right now is, well hearing, is DW.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Im watching Clash practice and looks like, at least for now, the Stangs are doing pretty good. Of course you could put a Winnebago out there and have decent speed out of it. Only downside Im seeing right now is, well hearing, is DW.

the clash itself will be telling. its one thing to go out and practice with a few cars, its another thing to be around a pack of cars in a race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing