U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 11:14 AM

5,217 posts, read 5,872,309 times

Advertisements

Paul Ricard is the worst current European circuit. It is designed for testing, not F1 racing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 11:52 AM

7,299 posts, read 15,353,559 times
There is one corner that looks fantastic on TV - it is a left-right combo with a big dip in it, and watching the cars and the way they change direction is amazing.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 06-23-2019, 01:39 PM

3,689 posts, read 5,850,492 times
That battle for 14th place was really exciting.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:53 PM

But it CAN be - if the broadcasters take it seriously, which they don't. I don't really want to see cars 1-4 cruising around the track in their solitary little bubbles. At this point they need to take a leaf from the sports car racing book and add weight to the Mercedes and Ferrari cars to drop their lap times. And when Verstappen wins multiple races in a row, they can add weight to his car as well.

It sort of depends on what the point of a racing series IS - to ensure good close racing amongst all the cars or allow the two big $$$$$ teams to spend massive amounts of money and have the driver, the car, the technology to beat the pants off everyone else. I don't really see the point in the latter.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:01 PM

3,149 posts, read 1,799,287 times
The most boring F1 race Iíve ever watched. Just horrible.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 AM

1,250 posts, read 824,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The most boring F1 race Iíve ever watched. Just horrible.
I think that can be said about the whole season thus far. Unwatchable in my opinion.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:58 AM

3,689 posts, read 5,850,492 times
French Grand Prix USA TV viewership. Live + same day DVR:
Total: 483,000
Age 18-49: 194,000
SKEDBALL: Weekly Sports TV Ratings 6.17-6.23.2019 | Showbuzz Daily

Old 06-27-2019, 12:24 PM

58,188 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
But it CAN be - if the broadcasters take it seriously, which they don't. I don't really want to see cars 1-4 cruising around the track in their solitary little bubbles. At this point they need to take a leaf from the sports car racing book and add weight to the Mercedes and Ferrari cars to drop their lap times. And when Verstappen wins multiple races in a row, they can add weight to his car as well.

It sort of depends on what the point of a racing series IS - to ensure good close racing amongst all the cars or allow the two big $$$$$ teams to spend massive amounts of money and have the driver, the car, the technology to beat the pants off everyone else. I don't really see the point in the latter.

That doesn't seem much different than just giving time penalties to teams whose cars are too fast. I don't see the point in punishing people for doing their jobs too well. If they decide to do something like that I hope they'll have the honesty to just call it motorized entertainment and drop any pretense of it being an actual racing series. IMO what they need to do is change the aero rules to make overtaking easier. Look at the huge difference between Indy car front wings and F1 front wings, that's where I'd start.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:40 PM

Well, that certainly makes an interesting starting grid. Wish it was on a different track, though.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:37 AM

58,188 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Racing like it should be! GREAT drive by Max and good to see HONDA back at the front!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing