Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 PM

318 posts, read 932,868 times

Advertisements

It was much better when Alonso was with Mclaren because Hamilton doesn't have any team competition as Kovalainen is such a bad driver I hate to see him in such a good car he doesnt deserve to be there. Hamilton is a very good driver and takes risks that pay off most of the time which could make him a legend in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,065,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post
It was much better when Alonso was with Mclaren because Hamilton doesn't have any team competition as Kovalainen is such a bad driver I hate to see him in such a good car he doesnt deserve to be there. Hamilton is a very good driver and takes risks that pay off most of the time which could make him a legend in time.

Kovalainen can't be that bad, he did start in front of 19 other drivers Sunday

I'd actually like to see Hamilton in a lesser car, many good drivers can win in a great car, only great drivers win in good cars.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Kovalainen can't be that bad, he did start in front of 19 other drivers Sunday

I'd actually like to see Hamilton in a lesser car, many good drivers can win in a great car, only great drivers win in good cars.
Exactly and look where he finished, it was his team mate that was 4th that won by 68's or more. I always said it was a bad move for him to come to mclaren and now its half way through this season and he still cant perform on the day and he cant use the excuse that he is still getting used to the car. Hamilton drives the same car and was behind Kovalainen on Sunday but yet because Hamilton can drive what the car offers he took the race from his team mate.

Your right many good drivers can win in a great car but many poor drivers cant win in a good car hence Kovalainen the way he drives you would think that he is driving the honda at times.

Mclaren are behind in the constructors points because they only have one driver that can produce points for them rather than two thats why they are 3rd they should be up there with Ferrari.

Jenson Button, Alonso or Weber would be a better fit, I don't dislike Kovalainen hes a nice guy but hes not right for Mclaren.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:16 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,065,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post
Mclaren are behind in the constructors points because they only have one driver that can produce points for them rather than two thats why they are 3rd they should be up there with Ferrari.

Jenson Button, Alonso or Weber would be a better fit, I don't dislike Kovalainen hes a nice guy but hes not right for Mclaren.

Let's not forget that McClaren also lost constructor's points when their 'ace' fell asleep in pit out in Montreal, hardly the mark of intelligent driving.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Let's not forget that McClaren also lost constructor's points when their 'ace' fell asleep in pit out in Montreal, hardly the mark of intelligent driving.
True he still has things to learn no doubt but he sure made up for his silly mistake on sunday and again thanks to Hamilton Mclaren are only in 3rd place.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,259,473 times
senna....legend. best driver ever. spot on in saying that he was a better man than driver.

a wizard in the wet.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 AM

58 posts, read 142,077 times
RIP Senna, I wish I had been born earlier so I could have experienced his era in its full glory.

Has everyone heard the rumors/news about Bruno Senna possibly going to F1 by way of Toro Rosso?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing