Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:27 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,146,217 times

Advertisements

The shrub bushwhacked himself.
Tony didn't change his line at the point of the wreck. The shrub came up to block when the 14 had a run and couldn't avoid the 18's blocking action. And I'm not even a Tony Stewart fan.
The best part of the whole race was seeing the Whiner hit the wall.
Did you see how far forward the frt end of the 9 car got under the 18 in the slow motion replay? It was about to the point of where KB's feet would be. Incredible.
I'm glad no one got badly injured. Even Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:37 AM

26,683 posts, read 41,557,150 times
I wish i saw this live (went to sleep.) Kyle got EXACTLY what he deserved. I knew his punk driving style was gonna to catch up with him sooner or later.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 AM

3,804 posts, read 4,019,557 times
What some see as "punk" driving style(Jr. fans), us more educated fans see an aggressive driver doing all he can to win a race..............no matter what. Proud to be a fan of Kyle, he's the man!!! To be a over-eighted fan really has to be painful, I feel for you all................NOT!!! Maybe you all can cheer for Danica when she arrives, it won't be much of a change for yah. You could still relish the fact that you cheer for the driver who sells the most t-shirts. How sweet!!! Go Shrub!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 AM

8,875 posts, read 13,849,352 times
The more the Shrub fans whine about Jr when their guy screws up, it just makes me laugh more and more! How lame.

Anyway, the funniest part of the wreck (again - knowing all drivers are safe) is when Sliced Bread ignored his spotter telling him to go Low, low, low, low... and then buried his big peoples car into the 18.

Either the boy thought his spotter was just cheering him to the finish line: Lo(gano), Lo(gano), Lo(gano), etc. OR the boy had his Hannah Montana CD turned up way too loud and just didn't hear the spotter.

There was tons of room there for an evasive move, even if he yanked on the wheel at the last moment.

Long story short, the best guy won last night and it's a shame the 9 car got torn up due to the Shrub.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:07 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,872,095 times
Yeah, I want to see Busch go "talk" to Tony. Tony will pound his moronic a-- into the ground.

Yeah and that hottie by Kyle's side...$$$ is the ONLY reason why she is with him. If Kyle were working 9-5 at Krogers, he would be lucky to find a FEMALE, much less a hottie.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:13 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,551,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
The shrub bushwhacked himself.
Tony didn't change his line at the point of the wreck. The shrub came up to block when the 14 had a run and couldn't avoid the 18's blocking action. And I'm not even a Tony Stewart fan.
The best part of the whole race was seeing the Whiner hit the wall.
Did you see how far forward the frt end of the 9 car got under the 18 in the slow motion replay? It was about to the point of where KB's feet would be. Incredible.
I'm glad no one got badly injured. Even Bush.
Now I see why other forms of racing look down on NCSCAR.Persoanlly if Bush was blocking then NASCAR needs to pentalize him. If Steward took him out then he needs to be. Otherwise someone is going to get killed and then its too late to mourn for something you encourage.Sounds to me like you dislike Bush really.I watched him the night before and when he knew he couldn't pass he didn't try. From what I saw without help steward didn't have the car to pass because they were eqaul on the newer tires.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:27 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,872,095 times
BUSCH...not Bush
STEWART...not Steward
NASCAR...not NCSCAR

Don't worry tex, you aren't the only one.

Where did JEWNOR finish? How about GORDEN?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:42 AM

36,346 posts, read 15,951,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
How stupid are you? It's common in Nascar to throw blocks within sight of the checkers. Only mistake Kyle made was not letting Stewert get a little further up on the side of him, then he could pushed Tony up higher and broke his momentum and went on to win.

I gotta say I can't stand Kyle but he showed he's a tough customer getting right out of the car all groggy, pushing away officials,obviously denying a meat wagon ride. He had one thing on his mind at that point....he wanted to go "talk' to Tony.

I'm still no fan of 18 but thumbs up to Kyle, he made it interesting.
Why would he want to talk to Tony? To congratulate him?? Tony did what he was suppose to do, Kyle drove right up on him, it was a great finish!! But Tony said nobody wants to win like that, yeah if Kyle wouldn't have drove up so quickly, who knows, could have been a different finish with not so many wrecked cars!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:56 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,360,164 times
here's the final few laps

YouTube - Daytona Amazing Wild Finish Coke Zero 400 July 4 2009 Stewart Wins Kyle Busch Wrecks Himself

Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,723,267 times
how in Gods name did Stewart avoid that crash? WHAT DID HE HAVE LIKE A STAR WARS FORCE FIELD AROUND HIS CAR OR SOMERTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I CAN'T STAND STEWART HIS CAR SHOULD'VE BEEN TOTALED AS BAD IF NOT WORSE THAN KYLE'S. >:-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing