Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:19 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,432 times

Advertisements

Great race! Props to Tony for the outstanding interview! Class act! That's racing and again @ Talladega in a few months, it will be the same thing. No different than Edwards/Keselowski. Plate racing will continue to do this until someone gets killed or seriously hurt. And please NASCAR take Dega out of the Chase race.
Even though our boy finished 14th, he still had enough points to be a top 11 win!
Suck it up Haters! He's still tied for most wins and is inching closer to a chase spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
What some see as "punk" driving style(Jr. fans), us more educated fans see an aggressive driver doing all he can to win a race..............no matter what. Proud to be a fan of Kyle, he's the man!!! To be a over-eighted fan really has to be painful, I feel for you all................NOT!!! Maybe you all can cheer for Danica when she arrives, it won't be much of a change for yah. You could still relish the fact that you cheer for the driver who sells the most t-shirts. How sweet!!! Go Shrub!!!!!!!!!
I'm not a Jr. fan. I just dont like Kyle Busch. Kyle didnt even give an interview after the crash which is unprofessional, not "educated", and immature. Carl Edwards at least gave an interview when he did the same thing at Talladega and even took responsibility. That is why i respect him and have zero for Kyle.

But if Kyle did give an interview last night it would sound a lil something like this.

YouTube - Exclusive 2009 Daytona 500 post race interview with Kyle Busch

Old 07-05-2009, 12:31 PM

555 posts, read 1,573,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
What some see as "punk" driving style(Jr. fans), us more educated fans see an aggressive driver doing all he can to win a race..............no matter what. Proud to be a fan of Kyle, he's the man!!! To be a over-eighted fan really has to be painful, I feel for you all................NOT!!! Maybe you all can cheer for Danica when she arrives, it won't be much of a change for yah. You could still relish the fact that you cheer for the driver who sells the most t-shirts. How sweet!!! Go Shrub!!!!!!!!!
Oh jeez, now I have to clean the drink I was drinking off of the monitor. I have never laughed that hard, especially at the "more educated" part LOL! You bleed of jealousy and are too afraid to admit it. You hate the fact that Jr is the most popular driver and nobody likes The Pube so you have to crack jokes about how he sells a lot of T-shirts. There's a reason that people like Jr, it's because he bleeds CLASS, something that The Pube has none of. I will gladly root for a driver with class over a driver that wins every other race and wrecks the field. If that makes me uneducated, then I guess I'd rather be uneducated then being an "educated" pube fan

Last edited by wGoshen; 07-05-2009 at 12:45 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
Oh jeez, now I have to clean the drink I was drinking off of the monitor. I have never laughed that hard, especially at the "more educated" part LOL! You bleed of jealousy and are too afraid to admit it. You hate the fact that Jr is the most popular driver and nobody likes The Pube so you have to crack jokes about how he sells a lot of T-shirts. There's a reason that people like Jr, it's because he bleeds CLASS, something that The Pube has none of. I will gladly root for a driver with class over a driver that wins every other race and wrecks the field. If that makes me uneducated, then I guess I'd rather be uneducated then being an "educated" pube fan
Jr's "CLASS" apparently took the day off during the Daytona 500 when he clipped Brian Vickers. The ones with true class are Carl Edwards and Mark Martin.

I think Jr and Busch fans can both be a little crazy. Ya'll may be in the most conversations and have the best rivalry but it's Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon who are fighting for the points lead.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:29 PM

555 posts, read 1,573,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Jr's "CLASS" apparently took the day off during the Daytona 500 when he clipped Brian Vickers. The ones with true class are Carl Edwards and Mark Martin.

I think Jr and Busch fans can both be a little crazy. Ya'll may be in the most conversations and have the best rivalry but it's Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon who are fighting for the points lead.
Every driver has unclassy moments. Jr wrecked Vickers. Edwards threw the fake punch at Kenseth. Mark Martin, well I don't think I have ever seen him do anything that wasn't classy. Same deal with Jeff Burton. Fortunately for Jr, those moments are very rare. Kyle Busch's unclassy moments on the other hand, come multiple times each race.

Last edited by wGoshen; 07-05-2009 at 02:14 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,746 times
Same thing every week. About Wednesday the Buschbackers start talking sweep in all 3 series or NW/Cup sweep, and this week it was Rolex, N-Wide and Cup sweep.....3/3 they proclaim and then after the diaper-wetter fails to get the job done with the best equipment, again, they go into the attack Jr. mode.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:11 AM

551 posts, read 855,809 times
Props to the 18 for the ballsy move. Kyle knew what was going to happen to him, but he took the chance. Gave the fans an awesome show.

Kyle better get all thoughts of getting back at Tony. For one, Tony is in the "drivers" seat and take take a hit in the points standing and still be OK if Kyle want's to play around on the track.

Kyle is in no place to fool around in these next few races leading to the Chase.

Even though Tony has really mellowed out since becoming an owner, he is one person I would not want to rile up. Kyle is no match to Tony if the "tiger wakes up"!!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:14 AM

239 posts, read 355,456 times
[quote=Stripes17;9608723]The more the Shrub fans whine about Jr when their guy screws up, it just makes me laugh more and more! How lame.

And here i thought i was the only one.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
I don't see why Kyle owes Tony anything. Tony went low and Kyle blocked. Tony then went high and had a run on Kyle, helped by Jimmie Johnson. Kyle tried to block him, but was too late with the move and spun himself across Tony's nose.

I cannot blame Stewart for doing everything possible to go for the checkers out of turn 4, and it's not like Stewart purposely nudged Kyle's bumper. He simply went high and got a run, and Kyle went up into him.

It was just two drivers being aggressive in going for the win. If Kyle is a half second quicker to move up on Stewart, maybe he gets in front of him without the spin and goes on to win. It was a gamble he lost.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I don't see why Kyle owes Tony anything. Tony went low and Kyle blocked. Tony then went high and had a run on Kyle, helped by Jimmie Johnson. Kyle tried to block him, but was too late with the move and spun himself across Tony's nose.

I cannot blame Stewart for doing everything possible to go for the checkers out of turn 4, and it's not like Stewart purposely nudged Kyle's bumper. He simply went high and got a run, and Kyle went up into him.

It was just two drivers being aggressive in going for the win. If Kyle is a half second quicker to move up on Stewart, maybe he gets in front of him without the spin and goes on to win. It was a gamble he lost.
Couldn't agree more. Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing