Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,983,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
Hmmmm anybody that pulls for the 18 has got to be on drugs. Ahahahaha!

***To those that may take this seriously. This is just a joke***
pokrplr and I pick at each other since our drivers are rivals.
LMAO! Afffllllaaaaaaaaac. Was wondering where u went Beachy?
Nice 1/2 finish by the rivals last weekend, eh? Too bad i was the #2. Still got a huge lead - it should hold up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,664,132 times
I'm still around just not posting as much. Too many pissy people over there nowadays. lol

Yeah it was about time we got to see a backflip! Before he did it I was concerned he may be a little rusty and forget how to do one. lol KB has a decent lead but it can be caught if the cards fall correctly.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:50 PM

9,400 posts, read 9,689,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
I became hooked on the sport about 4 years ago, so i can't go back any further with stats but...

The one thing that i can't stand about NASCAR is the 43 car field. It's not that i mind 43 cars but seems since I've been a fan, I see the same thing week in and week out. You have a select few; Blaney, Nemechek, Gilliland, Bliss & Skinner that run a few laps, garage it & collect a decent size check. Why do these same guys do it? Why does NASCAR allow them to do so? I've seen these guys run as few as 2 laps and hit the garage! Vibration in the car, transmission, brakes?? There's other teams that can get the car back out there, why can't these same guys? Its always the same reasons and yet they never attempt to fix it, there gone for the day.

Has racing always been like this? Has there always been teams/drivers that NEVER finish a race? If this is the case every single week, I would love to see a 35 car field. Let these go or go homers just stay @ home! I think its bad for racing...

Thoughts?
Things are a changing my friend. It was reported yesterday that there are only 43 TOTAL entries for the Pocono race Sunday. So all cars will make the field.

Dale Jarrett sees the day when NASCAR will have to bite the bullet and lower the number of cars in the field like you said.

It would have looked very bad for NASCAR if only 40 cars had showed up for Pocono.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,664,132 times
On Darlington's Facebook they have announced lower ticket prices for some of the seats for next May's race. Still not sure if we are going to renew ours. If we don't it will be the first time in 16 yrs we haven't gone.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
On Darlington's Facebook they have announced lower ticket prices for some of the seats for next May's race. Still not sure if we are going to renew ours. If we don't it will be the first time in 16 yrs we haven't gone.
Thats one race i wont miss. Glad the prices have been lowered ... We plan on doing both races again next year (NW/SC)

Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 AM

239 posts, read 353,970 times
I would love to see Darlington under the lights.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelStateNative View Post
I would love to see Darlington under the lights.
Truly is a great race! You just can't beat the atmosphere @ Darlington. Soooo unique

Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 PM

26,683 posts, read 41,557,150 times
Quote:
Trust me, you dont pass up the opportunity to go to Darlington. Darlington to me represents the old, tried and true, blue-collar NASCAR. That track has serious history.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:16 PM

19 posts, read 33,175 times
Quote:
I became hooked on the sport about 4 years ago, so i can't go back any further with stats but...

The one thing that i can't stand about NASCAR is the 43 car field. It's not that i mind 43 cars but seems since I've been a fan, I see the same thing week in and week out. You have a select few; Blaney, Nemechek, Gilliland, Bliss & Skinner that run a few laps, garage it & collect a decent size check. Why do these same guys do it? Why does NASCAR allow them to do so? I've seen these guys run as few as 2 laps and hit the garage! Vibration in the car, transmission, brakes?? There's other teams that can get the car back out there, why can't these same guys? Its always the same reasons and yet they never attempt to fix it, there gone for the day.

Has racing always been like this? Has there always been teams/drivers that NEVER finish a race? If this is the case every single week, I would love to see a 35 car field. Let these go or go homers just stay @ home! I think its bad for racing...

Thoughts?
They get paid just for showing up and starting. And at the top level of NASCAR they get paid pretty good.

I agree with the smaller field. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see the asphalt removed, replaced with clay and the tracks shortened to no more than .625 of a mile.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:40 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,258 posts, read 8,624,571 times
Quote:
- Have a HOT wife -
Pics Please......Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 05:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing