Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:01 AM

9,878 posts, read 10,789,739 times

Advertisements

this may not be politics but it is controversy, AT 11 eastern they are reporting that it will be anounced that, Dale Jr is leaving DEI!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,371,967 times
Surely itd have to be a popular sport for it to be the Biggest News in Sport ?

Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Surely itd have to be a popular sport for it to be the Biggest News in Sport ?
right you are!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:07 AM

282 posts, read 1,262,084 times
What's not going to be fair about all this is that you have to know that the microphones are going to be shoved in Kevin Harvick's face like crazy. Everyone has taken to the thought that it's a foregone conclusion that Jr. will end up at RCR driving the #3.

I'm no fan of Harvick's by any stretch, can't stand the guy, but this is not going to be fair to him. Richard Childress has made it no secret that he wants Jr. in that 3 car and will do just about anything to make it happen. Harvick is going to be left out in all of this.

One scenario that really could happen, is Jr. ending up at RCR, Kevin not liking it one bit, and ending up at DEI.

I don't get Jr. at all. Why does he feel that he's entitled to 51% of the company when there's other children? What about Kerry and Taylor? Dale Sr. never had much to do with the business end of DEI, that was always Theresa's to handle. I think Dale Sr. would have made exceptions in his will if he wanted The whole thing to be turned over to Jr.

Personally, I think Jr.'s being a whiny baby about the whole thing, and I think Kelley is the driving force behind that.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri_25ny View Post
What's not going to be fair about all this is that you have to know that the microphones are going to be shoved in Kevin Harvick's face like crazy. Everyone has taken to the thought that it's a foregone conclusion that Jr. will end up at RCR driving the #3.

I'm no fan of Harvick's by any stretch, can't stand the guy, but this is not going to be fair to him. Richard Childress has made it no secret that he wants Jr. in that 3 car and will do just about anything to make it happen. Harvick is going to be left out in all of this.

One scenario that really could happen, is Jr. ending up at RCR, Kevin not liking it one bit, and ending up at DEI.

I don't get Jr. at all. Why does he feel that he's entitled to 51% of the company when there's other children? What about Kerry and Taylor? Dale Sr. never had much to do with the business end of DEI, that was always Theresa's to handle. I think Dale Sr. would have made exceptions in his will if he wanted The whole thing to be turned over to Jr.

Personally, I think Jr.'s being a whiny baby about the whole thing, and I think Kelley is the driving force behind that.
you would be hard pressed to find any of his fellow drivers agree with you. jr has the respect of most of the respected people in the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing