Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 03:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You see the same thing with the decked out Harley Davidson riders/buyers, etc. It tends to be the 45 and up male's favorite thing to do. It doesn't seem to matter if they are hefty, bald or balding, have bad teeth, or whatever they still think they look good because of the expensive vehicle they are sitting in/on.

And, they still seem to be oblivious to the fact that they (even on that souped up/expensive bike or auto) aren't "chick magnets" anymore, and will forever be just old dudes looking stupid and goofy trying to impress/pick up the younger girls. LOL! And all it really does to the younger girls is make them snicker and think "creepy" and "".

They'd really be better off putting their money into hair plugs, gym memberships, dental work, and plastic surgery. ROFL!!!! And even then they're not going to attract much younger women!

NEWSFLASH: It only works when you're in high school or college, and are at your peak.
i seeing a lot of anger in your words. ignorance and anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
What I love about your posts is that you HAVE to discuss syntax and typing skill, because you know NOTHING about cars. It's brilliant on your part, I must say.
I hate them syntaxes. They jes make my liquer and smokes more espensive.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 AM

364 posts, read 717,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I still see a few guys tweaking mustangs and still a few guys dropping in Hi-po 350's and 383 stokers in 80's buick regals and cultass supremes. a few LT1/LS1 camaros but those are pretty beat up cause high school kids can afford them now. The same fate happend to DSM mitsubishi eclispe is high school kids got them and trashed them with too much boost and hard launches.

also alot of 03-2010 5.7 hemi rams with custom performance mods and their are quite a few done out 240SX and mazda miatas still roaming race tracks seen a couple third gen RX-7s on track days but not on the street anymore.
I think thats more of an urban thing, when I was in high school that was the thing to do- buy an old G-Body Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Regal or Grand Prix, and drop a crazy engine in it. My first car was a 83 Buick T-Type, the original Buick Turbo 6 motor was on it's way out so I dropped in a 350 Chevy small block, then painted it black so it looked like a Grand National. That car got stolen all of about 4 different times, I even parked my cousin's work truck behind my Regal in the driveway at night. They stole that too just to get to my car. Back in the late 90's early 00's, you couldnt keep an old school like that from not getting stolen in a black neighborhood unless you had a garage.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You see the same thing with the decked out Harley Davidson riders/buyers, etc. It tends to be the 45 and up male's favorite thing to do. It doesn't seem to matter if they are hefty, bald or balding, have bad teeth, or whatever they still think they look good because of the expensive vehicle they are sitting in/on.

And, they still seem to be oblivious to the fact that they (even on that souped up/expensive bike or auto) aren't "chick magnets" anymore, and will forever be just old dudes looking stupid and goofy trying to impress/pick up the younger girls. LOL! And all it really does to the younger girls is make them snicker and think "creepy" and "".

They'd really be better off putting their money into hair plugs, gym memberships, dental work, and plastic surgery. ROFL!!!! And even then they're not going to attract much younger women!

NEWSFLASH: It only works when you're in high school or college, and are at your peak.
LOL. Thanks for sharing your limited world experiences with us.

At your peak in highschool in college? Really? OMG I'm laughing so hard at that statement.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:01 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Any person riding a full dress HOG is NOT looking for any chicks. He is riding something that he can afford and enjoy compared to some of the young people riding a ricer and hot dogging on the road thinking they are kicking a$$ but in reality are making themselves look stupid. It just shows the age level that they are...young and immature.

The young person is describing their dad or grandfather and should stop and think what they will look like in the next couple of decades before being critical.

Driving an old sports car is one thing...having it paid for or making payments is something else.

Young people can drive a sports car if they can afford to make the payment on the 1st of the month...miss two payments and your SOL.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:13 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
The young person is describing their dad or grandfather and should stop and think what they will look like in the next couple of decades before being critical..
I do have to say that my sports cars present a much better appearance when my kids are driving them than when I do.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:01 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,290,693 times
Quote:
Young people can drive a sports car if they can afford to make the payment on the 1st of the month...miss two payments and your SOL.
I've never made payments on a sports car, neither now, nor when I was in my early 20s. My fun cars always paid for themselves and/or the next fun car when I was younger and not making much money. Which is why I was able to have a modded V8 RX7 and a '74 Porsche 911 and a couple custom cars all at the same time even with a job that only made $7/hr.

And after thinking on it for a bit, for the person that thinks it's about compensating for something, how do you categorize someone who has all four of these cars at the same time:

I'm not confused, I just like cars. All kinds of cars. Most of us buy or build the cars we do because we simply like them.

Besides the 911 and the RX7, I also had this car at the same time as that pair:

This is why ignorant statements like yours **** me off. Not because it hits close to home, but because it's hard to enjoy this hobby and various fun cars when people like you feel the need to be insulting about the cars we drive and who we are because of the cars we drive. There's no need to continue to spread that sort of ignorance, whether you think it's funny or not.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:05 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Heavens...someone got their jock strap too tight. Owning those four cars all at one time and PAID 4? on $7 an hr...math does not look kosher in my book. Something is missing in the equation.

I was in the VW business (owner) for 28 yrs and am familiar with the whlse costs of parts and also with the early Porsche 356/912/914 and yes the 911.

Am not questioning anyones statements but only made a comment that a majority of people do not have CASH for a $20k-30k sports car and thus are making payments.

Has to be a few...very few that maybe inherited some money.

I will stand by my statement...miss two payments and your SOL.

Sorry that my opinion has ruffled some feathers...life is soooooooo precarious.

Steve

Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 PM

436 posts, read 908,157 times
I think that is who has the money to afford them, that and insurance might be less when you're older.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,698,300 times
Quote:
Heavens...someone got their jock strap too tight. Owning those four cars all at one time and PAID 4? on $7 an hr...math does not look kosher in my book. Something is missing in the equation.

I was in the VW business (owner) for 28 yrs and am familiar with the whlse costs of parts and also with the early Porsche 356/912/914 and yes the 911.

Am not questioning anyones statements but only made a comment that a majority of people do not have CASH for a $20k-30k sports car and thus are making payments.

Has to be a few...very few that maybe inherited some money.

I will stand by my statement...miss two payments and your SOL.

Sorry that my opinion has ruffled some feathers...life is soooooooo precarious.

Steve
I'd wholeheartedly agree with you Steve, it's takes quite a bit of income and discipline to pay cash outright for a weekend toy. I'm lucky enough to be in a comfortable financial position to where I was able to pay cash for my Corvette (of course it was used) and not have that loss of cash impede my lifestyle.

Some can and some can't and you're right, if you miss a few payments your vehicle will be gone before you can blink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive